Search

Daytime OZ flight and Amenity Kit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Daytime OZ flight and Amenity Kit

Hi folks,

I will take an OZ biz class flight from Sydney to ICN next month on their A380. However, I am not sure whether or not amenity kit will be provided on this daytime flight.

According to some reviews, "good" amenity kit like L'Occitane is provided:

But others says, in order to be "cost effective", they do not hand out them for daytime flights.

So, at the end of the day, will I get amenity kit or not during this flight?

Many thanks!
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
you'll probably get one as OZ seems to have quietly gone back to providing the kits inbound, which they'd stopped for about a year or so. But there's nothing really to get excited about. the amenity kit isn't really "good"...

as a reference point, my last SYD-ICN in J (August) had the amenity kits at the seat along with slippers and blankets, which is the standard procedure.

*EDIT:

I just realised that OZ has that discounted business deal over the Christmas/New Year period. So they may not provide the kit inbound to ICN. But even if that's the case, as I said, don't worry. You're not missing much.

Last edited by sol95; Oct 9, 2017 at 12:17 am
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by sol95
you'll probably get one as OZ seems to have quietly gone back to providing the kits inbound, which they'd stopped for about a year or so. But there's nothing really to get excited about. the amenity kit isn't really "good"...

as a reference point, my last SYD-ICN in J (August) had the amenity kits at the seat along with slippers and blankets, which is the standard procedure.

*EDIT:

I just realised that OZ has that discounted business deal over the Christmas/New Year period. So they may not provide the kit inbound to ICN. But even if that's the case, as I said, don't worry. You're not missing much.
G'day!

Thank you for your reply. I am actually flying on 18/11 on a award ticket issued by United Mileage Plus. How likely I can get an amenity kit?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:11 am

Do they provide the amenity kit in business on the late night 11PM departure from LAX to ICN?

I'm planning on doing that route in mid November of this year.

And is the meal service abbreviated for the late night departure as well?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
The amenity kit used to be quite ok, but if it's the same one they are handing out on FRA-ICN, I agree with everyone that it's nothing to write home about. You used to get one of the small gift sized hand creams which are quite useful for taking along, along with a few other l'Occitane products. Now it's a tiny 30ml bottle of l'Occitane body lotion, a toothbrush and tooth paste, socks and blindfold and I think also a little comb (though that might be from an old amenity kit). I've repurposed the bags nicely though to tidy up some drawers

edit: The FRA-ICN flight is also a redeye, but takes off earlier around 7pm local btw. Not sure if that makes any difference.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by dsantos08
Do they provide the amenity kit in business on the late night 11PM departure from LAX to ICN?

I'm planning on doing that route in mid November of this year.

And is the meal service abbreviated for the late night departure as well?
from memory, the midnight departure catering isn't different. But the last time I was on the later flight was about 4-5 years ago as I usually try to make the earlier flight.

But honestly, would you want all the courses when you probably start eating at around 1am LA time (possibly even later if you've connected in LA from elsewhere)?!!!

If you really want to have the full experience, including the ramyun in between the meals, then get the earlier flight.

Last edited by sol95; Oct 10, 2017 at 7:02 am
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by jon503
The amenity kit used to be quite ok, but if it's the same one they are handing out on FRA-ICN, I agree with everyone that it's nothing to write home about. You used to get one of the small gift sized hand creams which are quite useful for taking along, along with a few other l'Occitane products. Now it's a tiny 30ml bottle of l'Occitane body lotion, a toothbrush and tooth paste, socks and blindfold and I think also a little comb (though that might be from an old amenity kit). I've repurposed the bags nicely though to tidy up some drawers

edit: The FRA-ICN flight is also a redeye, but takes off earlier around 7pm local btw. Not sure if that makes any difference.
I use the small bags to carry chargers/cables etc. To that end, the current l'Occitane-branded OZ bags are not the best. I found the older OZ bags with their boxier shape much better for this purpose.

I currently use a Loewe-branded JAL F amenity bag (the inbound corduroy one) for this purpose. It's the perfect size and shape for my charger/cable needs.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by sol95
from memory, the midnight departure catering isn't different. But the last time I was on the later flight was about 4-5 years ago as I usually try to make the earlier flight.

But honestly, would you want all the courses when you probably start eating at around 1am LA time (possibly even later if you've connected in LA from elsewhere)?!!!

If you really want to have the full experience, including the ramyun in between the meals, then get the earlier flight.
My wife and I only fly business class once a year so we look forward to the whole experience each time. But hopefully you're right in that there is no difference in the meal experience because we know EVA does an abbreviated meal service for their late departures.

Also has anyone flown the LAX-ICN late night departure recently? And can you confirm if the amenity kits are back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.