Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

ICN-JFK equipment swap - which plane am I on now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ICN-JFK equipment swap - which plane am I on now?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
I realize this isn't gospel, but seatguru still has this flight as an A380
Has the same for mine, but I assume when the NY office rep emailed and left voicemail that equipment change has happened for 11/22/17 flight from ICN-JFK, it's fairly confirmed.

He also followed up with an email that he has chosen seat 2K for me, which was a nice touch.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: Air Krapistan Poop Points "Scooper Level"
delete

Last edited by nydave11; Jul 20, 2017 at 1:15 pm
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by benjahman
Has the same for mine, but I assume when the NY office rep emailed and left voicemail that equipment change has happened for 11/22/17 flight from ICN-JFK, it's fairly confirmed.

He also followed up with an email that he has chosen seat 2K for me, which was a nice touch.
Hey wait a minute! I moved myself into 2K on that flight right after I got the call about the switch. The next day I checked and I was moved to a different seat. Couldn't figure out why it didn't stick but that would explain it.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Put me in 5E/G I think, 2 in the middle where seats are close and table is on outside (traveling with wife) Called and asked about row 1 and 3 and was told they are under airport control....
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

odd question:

Now the plane has no FC, still no PJ's in Business right? just regular amenity kit?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by DaveSFO
Hey wait a minute! I moved myself into 2K on that flight right after I got the call about the switch. The next day I checked and I was moved to a different seat. Couldn't figure out why it didn't stick but that would explain it.
oops! sorry! Same flight, same day? see you there?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I had three award flights in January booked on this service in F, two via SQ KF and one via LH M&M.

LH proactively called me today, reissued the ticket in an instant (in Business) and refunded the points difference.

I had to call SQ, they couldn't reissue in Biz. The guy was very diligent and helpful but on their end it seems to be a system issue that if they didn't refund and reissue, they couldn't refund the award point difference. Three calls later (with the same operator) and it was done, but even he was relieved as he didn't know if the seats would hold (as there were no more Business award seats available). He called Asiana twice to confirm.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by vantage03
I had three award flights in January booked on this service in F, two via SQ KF and one via LH M&M.

LH proactively called me today, reissued the ticket in an instant (in Business) and refunded the points difference.

I had to call SQ, they couldn't reissue in Biz. The guy was very diligent and helpful but on their end it seems to be a system issue that if they didn't refund and reissue, they couldn't refund the award point difference. Three calls later (with the same operator) and it was done, but even he was relieved as he didn't know if the seats would hold (as there were no more Business award seats available). He called Asiana twice to confirm.
Update: Asiana in NY just emailed me telling me to call Lufthansa to rebook or refund (with no mention that my ticket had already been reaccommodated in Business)
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by vantage03
Update: Asiana in NY just emailed me telling me to call Lufthansa to rebook or refund (with no mention that my ticket had already been reaccommodated in Business)
I got the exact same email only my booking was done with Aeroplan.

I was also re-accommodate in Business.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:46 pm

oops! sorry! Same flight, same day? see you there?
DaveSFO just an update, this was a connecting flight from NRT for me, but was able to burn some AS miles and am now booked on JL 6 in J, nonstop to JFK, so will be releasing seat and 2K should open up now.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: UA Gold
DaveSFO just an update, this was a connecting flight from NRT for me, but was able to burn some AS miles and am now booked on JL 6 in J, nonstop to JFK, so will be releasing seat and 2K should open up now.
Thanks for the heads up! I will make the change when it's released. I'm looking for other options as well. I'm connecting from BKK and had first class the whole way. Now I'm not sure it's worth the extra miles for first class only from BKK-ICN. Hopefully something opens up.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:42 am
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
I've been caught in this equipment change too, though it shouldn't affect my travel. Booked a SQ KF award with final segment ICN-JFK in J. My wife and I got moved to 4G and 4K (across the aisle from each other) on the 777. The J cabin is completely full now even though we're still 2.5 months out from the flight so no chance to change- stands to reason when you downgauge from a giant A380 with 66 J-seats to just 24 J-seats on the 777. We're ok with the change though... I'd be much more frustrated if I were those of you who have lost your F seats!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbb
I've been caught in this equipment change too, though it shouldn't affect my travel. Booked a SQ KF award with final segment ICN-JFK in J. My wife and I got moved to 4G and 4K (across the aisle from each other) on the 777. The J cabin is completely full now even though we're still 2.5 months out from the flight so no chance to change- stands to reason when you downgauge from a giant A380 with 66 J-seats to just 24 J-seats on the 777. We're ok with the change though... I'd be much more frustrated if I were those of you who have lost your F seats!
They save row 1,2 and 3 for their elite, so they may have availability there, you just can't see it until T-24 I think
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:42 am
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
They save row 1,2 and 3 for their elite, so they may have availability there, you just can't see it until T-24 I think
Thanks for the tip. We'll see what opens up when we do online check-in.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:21 pm

I got 3e and f from JFK-ICN for my flight in March. I booked via United miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.