Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OZ 747-400 Regional Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 11:16 am
Original Poster

OZ 747-400 Regional Flights

I am booked on OZ ICN-HKG on their 747 in J class. However, I noted that seatguru shows OZ with two versions of the 747, both versions have a first class cabin/seats. I also read that OZ does not sell F class on certain regional flights and so J class ticket holders can sit in the F cabin seats. I was originally in the upper deck of J and called Asiana to ask about being seated in the lower deck rows 1-4. The agent said that it was considered Business Premium and so I couldn't. However, after hanging up I find that I am now in row 4 of the 747 flight. Is this indeed the lie flat F cabin? Or does OZ have a two-class 747? Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat; 2 MM; Amex Rewards; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat.
I have the same experience. Our friends called us and said they were booked in the first class cabin, row 4, although it will be J service. We were in the upper deck. I called OZ and they moved us without a problem, possibly because we are booked on most of our trip in F using miles. This will be our only J leg.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CalRef
I have the same experience. Our friends called us and said they were booked in the first class cabin, row 4, although it will be J service. We were in the upper deck. I called OZ and they moved us without a problem, possibly because we are booked on most of our trip in F using miles. This will be our only J leg.

Same with me: I'm on a UA TPAC F award connect ICN to OZ. So I'm glad that at least I got the OZ F cabin (the J service is OK) since I paid the miles for it. The J seating is 2-2-2 and after a long TPAC flight I look forward to having the F cabin single seat and privacy for the next leg whichis about 4 hours long.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:46 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
If you are assigned F seat (sold as J), it will be honored at the airport. Keep your expectations accordingly as this is a first generation F product with limited privacy.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by TPJ
If you are assigned F seat (sold as J), it will be honored at the airport. Keep your expectations accordingly as this is a first generation F product with limited privacy.
Also, in the fully flat mode, you feel the various connecting points of the seats, not that comfortable at all.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Avis First
I booked a ticket in F out of ICN but in J to ICN. My flight to ICN I was reserved in a seat downstairs in the first 4 rows after I purchased the F ticket.

Now I'm being told that even though it is still J service, it is now a $100 premium to sit downstairs despite having been reserved in the seat previously and I now have no seat reserved.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:56 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by LAChargers

Has anyone else experienced this?
Wow.... this is new - previously original seat assignment was honored. The seat is not worth USD 100.00 IMHO.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TPJ
Wow.... this is new - previously original seat assignment was honored. The seat is not worth USD 100.00 IMHO.
$100 is still low considering the comfort over a J seat.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:08 pm

How does one purchase the lower deck F seat with J service - can it be done in advance ? Has anyone done this ?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mister Nice
How does one purchase the lower deck F seat with J service - can it be done in advance ? Has anyone done this ?
Only available on 747, OZ calls it Royal Business. Here are the details:
http://kr.flyasiana.com/C/en/homepag...0&menuType=CMS
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by fly747first
Only available on 747, OZ calls it Royal Business. Here are the details:
http://kr.flyasiana.com/C/en/homepag...0&menuType=CMS
Unfortunately, I am on an award ticket from another carrier so they won't let me purchase Royal Business despite all seats showing available. I will try again at check-in and perhaps the gate but it doesn't look like I qualify to purchase.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat; 2 MM; Amex Rewards; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat.
In monitoring our flight in mid-December, I found our 747 from HKG to ICN has been changed back to a 330. Oh well, ---
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Unfortunately, I am on an award ticket from another carrier so they won't let me purchase Royal Business despite all seats showing available. I will try again at check-in and perhaps the gate but it doesn't look like I qualify to purchase.
I am the original OP for this thread. Let me update on what happened: I booked a United Award F class on UA metal to ICN. The award included a OZ connection on J. But I had been allowed, when I called OZ U.S. reservation center in L.A. to get a F cabin seat on their 747. The day of the flight to ICN I found that OZ had changed me back to the J cabin. Upon arrival at ICN I went to the OZ customer service desk and brought up the seat change. The gal was friendly, but said that the F seats 'Royal Business' requires and extra payment. I paid $80.00. It was well worth it as I was utterly exhausted from a very long day (had a 3 hour departure delay out of SFO on UA and had actually begun my travels from another U.S. city). Why was it worth it? I was all alone in the F cabin. I treasured each and every last single peaceful second. Also with 2 cabin attendants. I ate the business class meal, drank a glass of wine and promptly crashed asleep, just like that out like a light. I would pay the extra. Heck I had already flown UA F on a long haul for cheap and $80 was worth the oasis cabin. Can't guarantee you'd be alone, but...
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by loopflyer
I am the original OP for this thread. Let me update on what happened: I booked a United Award F class on UA metal to ICN. The award included a OZ connection on J. But I had been allowed, when I called OZ U.S. reservation center in L.A. to get a F cabin seat on their 747. The day of the flight to ICN I found that OZ had changed me back to the J cabin. Upon arrival at ICN I went to the OZ customer service desk and brought up the seat change. The gal was friendly, but said that the F seats 'Royal Business' requires and extra payment. I paid $80.00. It was well worth it as I was utterly exhausted from a very long day (had a 3 hour departure delay out of SFO on UA and had actually begun my travels from another U.S. city). Why was it worth it? I was all alone in the F cabin. I treasured each and every last single peaceful second. Also with 2 cabin attendants. I ate the business class meal, drank a glass of wine and promptly crashed asleep, just like that out like a light. I would pay the extra. Heck I had already flown UA F on a long haul for cheap and $80 was worth the oasis cabin. Can't guarantee you'd be alone, but...
Yep, the Royal Business surcharge is not surprising given that OZ has published this.

Has anyone ever been able to pay a fee to sit in the F cabin of the A380 on the ICN SYD route? It is sold as 2 class despite being operated by A380.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by fly747first
Yep, the Royal Business surcharge is not surprising given that OZ has published this.

Has anyone ever been able to pay a fee to sit in the F cabin of the A380 on the ICN SYD route? It is sold as 2 class despite being operated by A380.
The ICN-SYD route for this current Christmas-New Year season has published fares for C with F seat. This is alongside the discounted C fares. So, if by paying for F, you mean the usual Royal Business surcharge, I don't think so.

It seems the F-seats are blocked and only allocated to paid-C passengers on a status basis. My wife (OZ Diamond) recently flew on a discounted C ticket and was upgraded at check-in to the F-cabin. Seat 1A both times. I don't know if you can ask for it, as on both occasions, the seat was automatically allocated when checking in online.

The way home from OZ - Which carrier to select

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.