Wiki Posts
Search

Special dining in OZ J (ICN-JFK)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton C, Marriott Pt, Delta Pt
Special dining in OZ J (ICN-JFK)

I had a pleasure of flying an OZ222 in J a few weeks back. I had never flown this route on OZ before this flight so I didn't know exactly what to expect. I did read some reviews on Asiana flights but I haven't seen this special dining mentioned anywhere so allow me to share.

I will let pictures speak for themselves. Note, the pictures are large to show details.
  • Menu (in English and Korean)

• Appetizers (Canapes, salmon salad & soup)

Canapes

Salmon salad
This dish was prepared right in front of you by a chef. It tasted very fresh and delicious. It was my favorite dish of the meal.

Soup

• Main (Fresh halibut)

• Deserts (Cheese plate & cake)
Cheese plate

Mandarin mousse cake
Nice touch with gold flakes.

Chef
She's one of the chefs on board on this flight and she also doubled as an assistant purser. She said they got trained at culinary schools in Europe.
After serving lunch, she was back in her regular FA uniform for the remainder of the flight.

I was told this special dining is currently offered only once a month on ICN-JFK/LAX routes but if responses are good, they may increase the frequency.

I will reserve my comments on wines since I'm not an expert. However I did enjoy the Taylor's Tawny Port.

My inbound flight was on a UA metal in F just a week prior to this OZ flight so the dining experience was quite a contrast. I will post some pictures from the United flight at a later date if I can find them.

Some other comments on the flight:
The cabin was kept dark for the most of the flight and outside of the scheduled dining services, pro-active service was few and far between. However, FAs usually responded within seconds when the call button was pushed. To me this was not an issue, since I did get much needed rest/sleep. The only issue I had was the lavatories in the rear of J. They were left unfurnished for the most of the flight. I had to ask for a tooth brush, etc. Other than that, it was a great flight with great service.

Last edited by flyertalk77; Jan 12, 2017 at 9:02 am
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton C, Marriott Pt, Delta Pt
Reserved
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
The food itself doesn't seem out of the ordinary. And the wines served with each course seem to be the regular onboard wines too.

The only different thing is that they've chosen which of the usual wines will be served with the course you select. This may be helpful for a lot of Koreans who don't know how to match wines to a certain meat/meal. But you could already ask for specific and different wines to be served with different courses when the FAs took your order. They obviously don't encounter it very often, but they'll do it if you ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.