Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Just flew Asiana First ICN to LAX. Champagne list downgraded.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just flew Asiana First ICN to LAX. Champagne list downgraded.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
Originally Posted by JFKLAX321
The good news is that based on this review, it appears Asiana has changed course and is back to serving 2000 Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill and 1995 Charles Heidsieck Blanc des Millenaire, at least as of November 2018 on the ICN-LAX route.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the blogger posted this a few years after the flight actually took place.

https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....ai-and-asiana/
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:12 am

Good catch. That's too bad
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:16 am

Send a complaint. If there's enough disappointment, maybe they'll change!

https://flyasiana.com/C/US/EN/customer/voc
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: United 1K
Reading through this thread because my wife and I have an upcoming LAX-ICN flight in First and I'm doing a bit of reading about the experience. To be perfectly honest, I am a bit surprised at all the snobby comments to the effect of "let me guess, you're on an award ticket, don't be picky" and "I fly in paid first class all the time and us rich folks don't actually care about the liquor offerings". First, I don't really see how those comments are helpful and second, I think it's rude to tell the OP that he shouldn't feel disappointed that they downgraded the wine. One of the responses was from a guy talking about how he flies EK every month and they pour Hennessy Paradis and only people on Awards tickets care. Yes, that actually makes sense to me... what is your point?

Speaking for myself, as someone who booked their flight using POINTS (YES, POINTS) I too would be disappointed to hear that the service is not as good as it used to be, including the wine served, including the caviar service. I don't pay for caviar in my daily life, so having it on the flight is a treat. So yes, I am allowed to be disappointed if the service changes. I may decide to spend my 240k United miles (that I earned!) somewhere else.

OK that being said (rant over), I am looking forward to my flight! Are the amenity kits still the Ferragamo ones? What is the bag people are talking about? Anything special I should ask for?
Craig likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:50 pm

Still Ferragamo as far as I can tell.

They give you a nifty OZ branded bag at the end of your flight to put your pyjamas and amenity kit in.

As far as special, this isn't like UA - no secret menu (PJs/mattress cover).
Feel free to order items off both the western and Korean menu.
Examples: dinner get caviar then their special bibimbap or breakfast get eggs and the Korean special. They're extremely accommodating.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by IAH2MEL
Still Ferragamo as far as I can tell.

They give you a nifty OZ branded bag at the end of your flight to put your pyjamas and amenity kit in.

As far as special, this isn't like UA - no secret menu (PJs/mattress cover).
Feel free to order items off both the western and Korean menu.
Examples: dinner get caviar then their special bibimbap or breakfast get eggs and the Korean special. They're extremely accommodating.
But the PJ's are only in First, correct? I've never seen them in business.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:22 pm

That is correct - I was only using UA as an example where you have to ask for all of the goodies rather than proactively supplied.
elitefreak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.