Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Option to use OZ F-class lounge for 30k won (less than USD 30)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:43 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador

Yesterday, I visited OZ C-class lounge and there was information at the Front Desk, that *A Golds and Business passengers can now use F-class lounge for KRW 30k (about USD 27). For companions of *A Golds the surcharge is KRW 70k. IMHO F-class lounge is not worth this money... I guess it is all because F-class is gone from all aircraft other that A380's, right?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 12:45 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Actually I think it might be worthwhile. The Oz lounge can get extremely busy at times. Food offerings in the biz lounge is disappointing. However the F lounge will be quieter with decent food. Might be worth the extra cost for those that want some peace and quiet before a flight.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nme7
the F lounge will be quieter with decent food
It will be quieter but I would not pay $27 for the F food. $3 would be more like it. It's really not very good at all. They've also upgraded the food options in the J lounge, though still nothing great.

YMMV whether the quiet and extra space is worth it.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by Kacee
It will be quieter but I would not pay $27 for the F food. $3 would be more like it. It's really not very good at all. They've also upgraded the food options in the J lounge, though still nothing great.

Agreed, I personally might pay $5 and on a very crowded day might be temped by $10, but fundamentally it's really not worth it.

BTW, semi-related question: Can anyone tell any tangible difference between the LH Business and Senator lounge in FRA? I used to go to the business lounge one because I didn't know I could use the Senator one. I've since gone to the Senator lounge almost next door and it looks exactly the same to me. Is there some difference in offerings I didn't notice?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Food usually better in SEN lounge.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 3:56 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Food usually better in SEN lounge.
From my personal perspective: better gin (Hendricks) and slightly better food.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by TPJ
From my personal perspective: better gin (Hendricks) and slightly better food.
Interesting, thanks Buster CT1K and TPJ. The liquor doesn't interest me personally so no wonder I didn't notice (the Weizen beer on tap does interest me though). The food looked similar to me, but I'll have to go make a direct comparison on my next return in early January.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by nme7
Actually I think it might be worthwhile. The Oz lounge can get extremely busy at times. Food offerings in the biz lounge is disappointing. However the F lounge will be quieter with decent food. Might be worth the extra cost for those that want some peace and quiet before a flight.
I'd pay it. No doubt.

Was this in the main terminal, or the "train" terminal?
I wonder if this new rule applies to both F lounges.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jon503
BTW, semi-related question: Can anyone tell any tangible difference between the LH Business and Senator lounge in FRA? I used to go to the business lounge one because I didn't know I could use the Senator one. I've since gone to the Senator lounge almost next door and it looks exactly the same to me. Is there some difference in offerings I didn't notice?
As mentioned, slightly better food and drink selection... however the SEN lounges are often over crowded, even moreso than the Business lounges on some days.
I'd still use the SEN lounge.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 10:30 pm

Asiana's first class lounge at ICN has Johnny Walker Blue at the bar.

If you love it, it might be well worth the money.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 12:38 pm
TPJ
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paella747
I'd pay it. No doubt.

Was this in the main terminal, or the "train" terminal?
The Main Terminal.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 7:00 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Geese Howard
Asiana's first class lounge at ICN has Johnny Walker Blue at the bar.

If you love it, it might be well worth the money.
Originally Posted by Kacee

Exactly my thoughts. If the Johnny Walker Blue is still around, then you've paid for your visit with just one drink!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:14 am

It's been ages since they removed JW Blue from the F lounge.
There's even a thread about it.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...e-no-more.html

I'd pay maybe 10 bucks to use the F lounge, but never 27.
It's just not worth it.
Gasolin likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 5:42 pm

Sitting in Asiana First Class Lounge. Was here back in Feb as well. No jw blue selection but they have Ballantine 21 years old and Remy Martin XO. Not a bad selection for whiskey drinkers. Will get jw blue on the flight.

Very spacious and dead quiet. I think it's worth it.

Pretty good hot plate selections including made to order udon and korean ramyun. Numerous cold beverages(shikhye,soy milk,etc) and Haagen Dazs ice cream.

Last edited by goblue77; Dec 3, 2016 at 5:54 pm
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Hassle factor

If I was coming off a long haul or redeye and it was a longish connection I would pay the $27 for F lounge access for the peace and quiet, upgraded food and drinks, and much better shot at a shower being available.

For a shorter connection I would not.

YMMV.

SL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.