Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana Business vs Air China Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2016, 11:26 am
Used to be garyjr316
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott

My wife and I have the option of flying either Asiana A380 business class overnight or a Air China 777-300 business class overnight. Curious what most people would suggest is better? I will have already flown the Asiana A380 once but I always like to try new products IF they are worth it. Would Air China be a total downgrade in terms of comfort and service?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 12:11 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
You must be joking...

CA has 2-2-2 config and the same seats pmCO (still) has.

OZ seats are so MUCH better.

If you have young F/A's CA can offer good service. But you may end up with F/A's who remember Ilushin IL62 days and service would then be mediocre.

Yes - you will survive a CA flight (and you MIGHT get fairly acceptable service) but you cannot compare these 2 airlines.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:46 am
Used to be garyjr316
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Thanks... guess we'll stick with Asiana then! :-)
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond,IHG Platinum, HH Gold, OZ Diamond (*G), AA Plat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Thanks... guess we'll stick with Asiana then! :-)
All the way to Asiana in this case, hard and soft products unless you would like to do some adventure
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
OZ has an much better product, both have bad catering, both have decent service in the air. Both are horrible when it comes to IRROPS.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
I'm trying really hard to think of something - anything - where CA is better than than OZ and I'm coming up with a blank.

Maybe it depends on your route and/or price. But even then, I'm not certain I'd take CA unless there was a very substantial advantage to doing so.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 5:05 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
I've flown CA on 2 round trips and both times I saw horrible service, long delays and unruly, loud and very messy passengers. Granted, those flights were all in Y, but the difference to even UA Y, let alone SQ, NH, OZ, etc. was so stark that I've made a point never to fly them again if I have any other option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.