Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

No more amenity kits on ICN inbound in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more amenity kits on ICN inbound in J

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
If they can't be at an intermediate level of English then they certainly shouldn't be doing US bound flights. OP's complaint has nothing to do with that so that's an anomaly.
I know there's a number of non native English speakers on this board (me being one of them) - but I have no idea how you could misinterpret my statement like that
Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:34 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Let's stay on topic. Took this flight last month LAX-ICN and they gave me ear plugs and an eye mask. The slippers were already at the seat when I boarded.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Originally Posted by Adam1222
There were probably slippers instead of socks? Im not aware of any airline that provides both.
Judging from your profile being elite on both AA and DL, I am quite surprised you are not aware DL and AA provides both.

Same goes for UA (at least for Japan routes), BR, while NH, LH, LX only has both in F.
I've never gotten slippers on AA or DL business but maybe they do for Japan.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:52 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Amenities (with or without the kit)?

We're going SFO-ICN on OZ211 tomorrow noon in J (fingers crossed for the smartyfartz interior). Our first time on Asiana. I don't particularly care if things come in a cute little zip-up bag (no complaints if they do, of course). But as I am now packing my things, I'm wondering if it's stupid to bring along (or not to) eyeshades and slippers. What should I expect for those things?

Getting a good night's sleep is my primary goal, after that, any goodies are icing on the cake. Any tips?

Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:49 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
We're going SFO-ICN on OZ211 tomorrow noon in J (fingers crossed for the smartyfartz interior). Our first time on Asiana. I don't particularly care if things come in a cute little zip-up bag (no complaints if they do, of course). But as I am now packing my things, I'm wondering if it's stupid to bring along (or not to) eyeshades and slippers. What should I expect for those things?

Getting a good night's sleep is my primary goal, after that, any goodies are icing on the cake. Any tips?

Thanks.
I have always gotten slippers on long flights with OZ, even in Y, so no worries there. I don't use eyeshades personally, so I haven't payed attention, but I'm pretty sure they were always available in J. Then again, last time I flew J (last summer) they still had amenity kits.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by jon503
I have always gotten slippers on long flights with OZ, even in Y, so no worries there. I don't use eyeshades personally, so I haven't payed attention, but I'm pretty sure they were always available in J. Then again, last time I flew J (last summer) they still had amenity kits.
Thanks.

Is OZ one of those Asian airlines that (I've heard) tends to keep the cabin uncomfortably hot?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Thanks.

Is OZ one of those Asian airlines that (I've heard) tends to keep the cabin uncomfortably hot?
Slippers and eyeshades are always available.

As for temperature: OZ is the worst "offender" i know when it comes to cabin temp.

Their default in celsius is First 22-23, Business 23-24 and Economy 25-26 (as per crew training).

I've been wanting to start a temperature wiki on FT, which is why i asked the Purser last time. According to her, the complaint rate is 2/10 Pax, of which 95% are Foreigners.

They are really good about adjusting the temp if you ask though (they're really good about anything you might ask for, have had nothing but great inflight exp so far - enjoy!)
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:40 pm

It is a little bit cooler if you sit near the window.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I just arrived in ICN from LAX and found out first hand about the lack of an amenity kit in business - you've got to be kidding me. Also no English newspapers on my flight, only Korean. Cabin was quite warm but fortunately the FA slightly lowered the temperature upon request. ICN is very busy and it took forever to get through security re-check. OZ business lounge is packed and there's a long queue for a shower. Will think twice about flying OZ in the future. Perhaps I'm spoiled transiting in HKG so much recently.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
LAX-ICN they were giving amenity kits on my flight to J.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:53 am

I flew SFO-ICN a few weeks ago in J. Got a minimalist amenity "kit" (in a little pouch). Nothing very fancy, but I thought it was fine. Yes, the cabin was a bit warm for my taste, but not oppressively so. Comfy seat, although I did notice that even this "newer" interior was showing some miles on it. OZ business lounge was crowded, but not packed, there were seats. My wait for a shower was about 30 minutes, which was fine with me. The shower was quite nice and much appreciated. I was happy overall, no real complaints. We live in the age of miracles, folks.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by gpia
Their default in celsius is First 22-23, Business 23-24 and Economy 25-26 (as per crew training).
Just out of curiosity, why the difference in temp among the different cabins?
Does anyone know?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:35 pm

With the number of passengers in Y, you would think all the heat from their bodies would naturally heat up the cabin. Therefore I would think that a lower cabin temp would be needed there.

But if anyone has any real facts as to the logic of the temperature setting in the cabin, I am sure everyone will want to know.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 1:12 am

Programs: QF Bronze, OZ Diamond, KE
Always thought warm temps were more conducive to sleeping (which, generalisation here, is what most Korean people do when on a plane). Also (another generalisation here) Koreans tend to not notice warm and stuffy indoor conditions as much due to being used to having an underfloor heating system in the winter (that means even when it's freezing cold outside, you're wearing a T-shirt indoors).
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:14 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by nme7
With the number of passengers in Y, you would think all the heat from their bodies would naturally heat up the cabin. Therefore I would think that a lower cabin temp would be needed there.

But if anyone has any real facts as to the logic of the temperature setting in the cabin, I am sure everyone will want to know.
Maybe an sales trick to increase premium cabin sales

I honestly don't know and it makes no sense either.

My guess is that because F PAX generally are fully covered when sleeping it needs to be colder. Those that fly Y usually aren't fully covered when using blankets compared to an F pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.