Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana cease to issue Plastic Membership Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana cease to issue Plastic Membership Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:56 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Never had any issue with UA wirh North American flights with *G on boarding pass only. You ahould be fine. AC have only been asked for physical card once when taking in a guest.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by THD
Never had any issue with UA wirh North American flights with *G on boarding pass only. You ahould be fine. AC have only been asked for physical card once when taking in a guest.
I was denied at the UA lounge in MSP and AC lounge in YUL and YEG recently. They insisted on showing a card. UA lounge even went as far as that only passengers travelling in premium cabins on intercontinental flights are eligible to use the lounge! (I do not think UA has any intercontinental flights out of MSP at all.)

How does people get in touch with the Asiana Club through FB? I tried message them and never got a response.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DreamHigh
Some airline lounges still ask for them, and its more reliable than the mobile app (such as if your phone battery dies).

I've had some troubles before where the lounge agent was adamant she needed a membership card, took me 20mins before I was finally allowed in...
It's just easier not to run into these types of situations

@monokuro Thx for the update! heading to ICN tmrw! Great to know they still issue them!
I am wondering if you were able to obtain a new card at ICN? Is it the counter in the arrival hall, at the very end, where they issue the hotel voucher for passengers with overnight connections?

They finally replied my FB message, after 10 days, through the Korean account, that "... on membership renewal. We are afraid to tell you that we do not issue a plastic card anymore. Since Star Alliance recommends using mobile/digital card, whole star member airlines are now accepting digital card. If not, please let us know. Thank you."
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by cwl6750084
I am wondering if you were able to obtain a new card at ICN? Is it the counter in the arrival hall, at the very end, where they issue the hotel voucher for passengers with overnight connections?

They finally replied my FB message, after 10 days, through the Korean account, that "... on membership renewal. We are afraid to tell you that we do not issue a plastic card anymore. Since Star Alliance recommends using mobile/digital card, whole star member airlines are now accepting digital card. If not, please let us know. Thank you."

My my, late late me.

To answer your question, yes. The counter still issues without hesitation. For me they even threw in some luggage tags.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
I just called one of their phone lines, (I believe in the US) upon my renewal date and asked for a card to be sent, and they did, no hassle.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DreamHigh
My my, late late me.

To answer your question, yes. The counter still issues without hesitation. For me they even threw in some luggage tags.
No problem, thanks for getting back. Where is this counter located? I will try to drop by when I go to Seoul next month.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
I just called one of their phone lines, (I believe in the US) upon my renewal date and asked for a card to be sent, and they did, no hassle.
Can you give me the number that you dialed? I called the number as the back of my card last month, when I went back to Chicago, I was told that they no longer issue a plastic card anymore. That was even after I told them that I am renewed at the Diamond level.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 2:54 pm

Can you give me the number that you dialed? I called the number as the back of my card last month, when I went back to Chicago, I was told that they no longer issue a plastic card anymore. That was even after I told them that I am renewed at the Diamond level.
I can't remember for sure, but was a US number I found on the website. (To use for free on Skype)
I received the same response and politely responded that I frequently fly on other airlines, and they won't let me in the lounge without a physical card. I was placed on hold, and 5-10 minutes later was told that they would send a card in the post.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:33 pm

So, just a note, I called them about a week ago, and received the card today, valid until 2020 which is far enough in the future that I am not worried about it.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: JGC Sapphire
Originally Posted by subichow
Interesting to see what people have said.. I hit Gold a couple of months ago and didn't receive anything at all. However I hit Diamond on 25/12/15 and today received a plastic card in the mail 7/1/16. Sadly it is just a card and letter, no 'package' or luggage tags or anything to go with it. I know it isn't really necessary but I would still have liked luggage tags. Not to mention the card isn't the most aesthetically appealing either..
Not only is the card not aesthetically pleasing, the bag tags aren't either. The bag tags aren't personalized. It's just a simple tag where you have to write your name on it. Anyone can buy a tag like that from any travel shop.

btw, I got OZ Diamond status by flying SQ. I flew OZ in long haul J once in 2011, and the cabin service was quite terrible even though it was in J!
Old Nov 17, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA CX DL KE OZ*G PR QF QR; SPG IHG MR HH
Transiting through ICN airport. Is it possible to get a plastic card from an Asiana counter airside? Don't want to go through immigration just for this reason. Got Diamond status few weeks ago and have an upcoming *A flight that I credit miles to another FFP (booking class earns no miles in OZ) so BP will not show *G. This is probably when the plastic card comes in handy.

Last edited by Wuxia; Nov 18, 2016 at 1:18 am Reason: Typo
Old Nov 17, 2016, 10:23 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
There is no longer an Asiana Club desk airside, so you will need to go through immigration. If you want the card just for lounge access while transiting ICN then it is not necessary, the mobile card on the Asiana Club app will suffice.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:34 am

Programs: BA CX DL KE OZ*G PR QF QR; SPG IHG MR HH
^ ICN airport lounges will probably let me go through as it's the OZ hub. But I plan to be in PRG and IST, flying with TK with TK FFP listed. PRG's lounge is not even *A, just a contract lounge, so I am guessing that people flashing the OZ mobile card is probably not so common there.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Wuxia
^ ICN airport lounges will probably let me go through as it's the OZ hub. But I plan to be in PRG and IST, flying with TK with TK FFP listed. PRG's lounge is not even *A, just a contract lounge, so I am guessing that people flashing the OZ mobile card is probably not so common there.
I was in the PRG lounge in May last year, and my boarding pass with *G was sufficient. I had my card ready, just in case, but wasn't asked for it.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
I was denied at the UA lounge in MSP and AC lounge in YUL and YEG recently. They insisted on showing a card. UA lounge even went as far as that only passengers travelling in premium cabins on intercontinental flights are eligible to use the lounge! (I do not think UA has any intercontinental flights out of MSP at all.)

How does people get in touch with the Asiana Club through FB? I tried message them and never got a response.
UA lounge in MSP and AC lounge in YUL denied you? I've been using those lounges pretty often and I just scan the flight tickets which has the OZ *G number included.
But maybe you were flying another *A carrier than UA or AC? In this case, maybe they do ask for the card indeed. That sucks if that's the case.
Though the card number should be included in all the tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.