Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana cease to issue Plastic Membership Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana cease to issue Plastic Membership Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Interesting. Can you provide the FB contact? I was actually under the impression that OZ will print a card for you at the airport.

I was actually looking to go to Munich or Berlin in the fall. I currently have OZ Gold, but I already booked 3 flights with UA, which when completed, I'll have OZ Diamond. The second I achieve OZ Diamond, I wonder if I can send them a message on FB and then tell them to mail a card to a hotel in Berlin or Munich?
https://www.facebook.com/asianaairlinesgermany/
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, VN Gold, Amex Platinum
I requested a plastic card 2 weeks ago, and it just arrived in the mail today. For people who live in the U.S, send an email to the Asiana Club email address, and they will send one to you from L.A.
downinit, lsquare and SightseeMC like this.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by VN_OZ_flyer
I requested a plastic card 2 weeks ago, and it just arrived in the mail today. For people who live in the U.S, send an email to the Asiana Club email address, and they will send one to you from L.A.
What's the email address?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:30 am

It's [email protected].
Old Dec 20, 2019, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by VN_OZ_flyer
I made the same request. They said they would need to contact the office in Korea to issue the card, but it sounds like I will be receiving one eventually. Thanks for the tip.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: Asiana Diamond Plus, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I recently wrote [email protected] and was told that Asiana no longer issues plastic cards for "eco-friendly" reasons.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Offthegrid
I recently wrote [email protected] and was told that Asiana no longer issues plastic cards for "eco-friendly" reasons.
I told them I have some issues that prevent me from keeping my phone with me, and they agreed to send me a card right away
Old Dec 21, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by slimjin
Just an FYI/update, I successfully obtained a plastic card today at the Asiana desk in the ICN arrivals hall.

After reading this whole thread, I decided to first just try sending a FB message a few weeks ago, but I got a stock response saying that they don't issue cards anymore. Since I was arriving at ICN today after a short trip, I decided to try the customer service desk, which a few others have said will still issue a card.

I was expecting to have to "make my case", and so while waiting in line I was debating how to word my request, whether to speak English or Korean (I feel like in some situations I get more leverage by using one or the other), and how persistent I should be. I decided to go the naive + gentle + English route, and started off by saying "I was told that I wasn't able to get a plastic membership card anymore..." But I couldn't even finish my sentence, because she cut right in and said that she could get me one! I didn't even have to ask! She just wanted to see my passport, confirm my cell phone # (I live in Seoul), and I had my card within one minute. Totally painless.

I am starting to think their policy of not issuing cards is just to cut down on postage costs. As others have pointed out, the cost savings doesn't really seem worth it, and so if they really want to save money maybe they could just issues cards to people who request them. Essentially requiring people to obtain it in person is, of course, another option, but if you don't visit Seoul often then it's pretty inconvenient. Oh well.

The desk is located between exit doors 13 and 14 in the arrivals hall. If you're exiting baggage claim, it will be all the way at the end of the hall on the right. And FYI I'm diamond level, so I don't know if they would so gladly issue one for lower tiers, but as others have pointed out you don't really need a card for lower tiers anyway. I hope this helps!
I decided to stop in to this office during my recent return to ICN. I think it's no longer there; some of the physical sign boards list it, but they are apparently wrong about numerous offices. So if you're looking for this office, I believe the customer service office is now at the opposite end, in "Zone 2" ("Zone 7" is between doors 13 and 14).

That said, by the time I figured it out all the offices were closed (just after 6 pm).
Old Dec 21, 2019, 8:18 pm

'
An update. I wrote [email protected] back and told them that that other people had requested cards and received them. They said they would forward my request to Seoul and that I would receive a card in three to four weeks.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
'
An update. I wrote [email protected] back and told them that that other people had requested cards and received them. They said they would forward my request to Seoul and that I would receive a card in three to four weeks.
Is your card being to your US address from Seoul?
Old Dec 22, 2019, 12:35 pm

Yes, that is what I was told.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Is your card being to your US address from Seoul?
They told me the same thing, but I received my physical card from the USA office a few days later.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Any recent data points on whether this still works with the US office? I emailed the address listed above and was then told to submit a request through the website (Voice of Customer) to the Korean office. The Korean office then responded by saying that cards are no longer available. I emailed the US office again and now they also are giving the same response that cards have not been available since July 2015.

Is this a case of HUCA and/or YMMV where a little luck is needed to get an agent who might be willing to process the request?
Old Feb 29, 2020, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Any recent data points on whether this still works with the US office? I emailed the address listed above and was then told to submit a request through the website (Voice of Customer) to the Korean office. The Korean office then responded by saying that cards are no longer available. I emailed the US office again and now they also are giving the same response that cards have not been available since July 2015.

Is this a case of HUCA and/or YMMV where a little luck is needed to get an agent who might be willing to process the request?
I got mine about 2 weeks ago. Just emailed them and they sent it from LA, not Korea. I'm assuming it just depends on who answers the email.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum, OZ Diamond, AC Prestige25K
No luck for me emailing either the Korean or US office. Told by both offices that they are no longer issuing plastic cards due to environmental reasons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.