Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mystery seat on mystery plane

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2012, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

mystery seat on mystery plane

am booked on OZ 722 in business class on 16 June, and requested an aisle and was told that 3A is a single seat. what is wrong with all my systems where i think this is an A330 but am told by two different CSRs that it is a 747? and even if it is, what possible 747 could it be?

Last edited by cranford; May 15, 2012 at 11:03 pm
Old May 16, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Blue; HHonors Gold; Priority Club Gold
? 777 with QS?
Old May 16, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: UA Gold
Look around at some of the threads here and you'll see ones talking about being assigned a first class seat on a 3-class plane where they only sell business and economy. It happens on regional routes. Most likely that's what's going on.
Old May 16, 2012, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by cranford
what possible 747 could it be?
If you are booked in full fare business, more than likely you are in F in the 747. However all you are going to get is the seat, you will still have C service.

Originally Posted by ethelman
? 777 with QS?
Highly unlikely, OZ's 777 rarely made it to HKG, often 747/74M/333.

777 with QS is not even possible, as the timing for LAX and SFO flights doesn't allow for the hop to HKG.
Old May 17, 2012, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

thanks for this info; my concern is that i want/need an aisle seat, and am slightly worried that if there is a plane change to a two class plane, i may end up without one. it is an award ticket which asiana seems to treat as full C. it will be a great seat unless there is a change of plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.