Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

lifetime diamond plus question

problem solved

Last edited by deerflyer; Jan 15, 2012 at 2:09 pm Reason: problem solved
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:03 pm

Programs: QFF Plat, OZ*G, HH Gold
OZ's life time program is no difference to others in terms of your questions, 500k on board miles "earned", not "balance"......

AA was the only program that you can gain lifetime status from any source, but that has changed...
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
I makes no difference if you spend your miles or not. This is the same with any FFP. Status (in this case lifetime Diamond Plus) is based strictly on earning status miles, and has absolutely nothing to do with miles spent or how many current miles are in your account. It should be noted that Asiana Club gives bonus miles when flying on OZ depending on your status level. These bonus miles do not count towards status. Only the actual miles flown x booking class multiplier, ie. 150% of miles for F, 125% for C, 100% for some Y, 70% for other Y, 0% in some cases. And it includes all *A flights, not just OZ flights if qualifying based on 500K miles. If qualifying by segments, then it's 500 OZ segments, and *A flights don't count.

I'm attempting to reach lifetime D+ by the end of next year. Should have been very easy for me to do, but the fantastic earning rates with BD and BD's long drawn out sale have me still crediting my miles to them rather than OZ. So I might not make it to lifetime D+ until early 2013. I haven't seen anyone in this forum report that they've reached that level yet. Would be interesting if someone does to hear a report of whether all is as advertized and what we're expecting.

Edit: I just had a look at the Asiana Club site and notice what you reported. On one line they mention the normal qualifications for D+ is 100,000 on-board miles, and the next line the alternate is 500,000 accumulated miles. Well, from personal experience, I'm already well above the 500K mark for total accumulated miles from all sources, and I still don't have lifetime D+, so based on that it's a simple omission on OZ's part to specify that as "on-board" miles.

Last edited by A_Lee; Dec 29, 2011 at 8:25 pm
Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:57 pm

I just got off the flight from ICN to SFO. I have above 1 million miles credited to my Asiana account from all sources, so it is definitely onboard miles cause they should be sending me a Platinum card then..

Last edited by l etoile; Jan 4, 2012 at 4:03 pm Reason: off-topic comments removed
Old Jan 3, 2012, 2:23 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
While the topic is fascinating, just a reminder that we should stay on topic (Lifetime Diamond Plus) otherwise one of our friendly moderators will close this thread. I suggest to continue this discussion in OMNI.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 4:05 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
While the topic is fascinating, just a reminder that we should stay on topic (Lifetime Diamond Plus) otherwise one of our friendly moderators will close this thread. I suggest to continue this discussion in OMNI.
Thank you. Please look at the first post again to see what this thread is about. It is not about politics, wars, and discrimination. Opinions on such matters belong in Omni.

Thank you
l'etoile
senior moderator
Old Jan 5, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
If I am correct, I will not achieve Lifetime D+ if I fly 20K+ miles correct? Instead I would need 170K more miles?

Mileage with Unlimited Validity: 330,300
Mileage with Limited Validity: 150,000
Total: 480,300
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:44 pm

It depends how much of the miles (regardless of limited/unlimited validity) are miles flown on OZ/Star. Unless you have hotel and credit card miles there, then it's quite likely that the majority of all 480k of miles will qualify.

As above, only the base miles on OZ/Star with flown class adjustment (<100% for some discounted Y, >100% for F/J) will count towards the 500k.

As for the miles with limited vs. unlimited validity, that's just talking about the changeover a few years ago from miles being valid forever to miles only being valid for 10 years. Flight miles earned after the switchover are "limited validity" but still count towards the 500k.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:02 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
When was this implemented? 0.5MM earns lifetime D+?! I hope this won't change until I qualify in a couple of years.

LAX
Old Jan 13, 2012, 9:07 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by LAX
When was this implemented? 0.5MM earns lifetime D+?! I hope this won't change until I qualify in a couple of years.

LAX
Half a year ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.