Wiki Posts
Search

OZ609/610 ICN/ROR always late?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2011, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, AMX Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Question OZ609/610 ICN/ROR always late?

I am booked on OZ609 & 610 next spring (ICN>ROR>ICN) and noticed on Flight Stats that this flight is often 4 to 5 hours late. Does anyone know if this is temporary or seasonal? If this flight is chronically late, I will miss my connection at ICN for the rest of my return itin.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:31 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
To be honest, speculating about the likelihood of a flight being late in 6 months time won't lead to any actionable results. So even if it is late all the time now it might be on time in December and then late again in the northern spring.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, AMX Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
I was wondering if this is one of those flights that is always late because of air traffic in ICN, like the chronically late flights out of JFK - or something else that OZ won't fix and they won't make the schedule more realistic.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Is the flight chronically late departing ICN, or just departing ROR? The flight is scheduled to depart ICN at 23:10. I fly out of ICN a lot, and usually on OZ, but never had a flight at that hour. However I don't see why air traffic would be a problem at that time. ICN is not a 24-hour airport with regard to passenger flights. I imagine there's a number of cargo flights at night, but passenger flights are extremely sparse after 22:00. I have experienced frequent delays earlier in the evening due to congestion, but that is always only a matter of minutes, not hours.

More likely for a long delay would be if the aircraft used for that flight is late arriving from a different location. I've had that happen fairly frequently, but again never anything like 4 or 5 hours. An hour or so would be the maximum.

So if this flight is chronically late, I'd say it's probably due to something at ROR, not ICN. Perhaps ROR for some reason doesn't want the plane to arrive and/or depart at it's scheduled time. Seems a bit strange that whatever the reason, OZ doesn't just reschedule the flight though, rather than allow it to be late so often.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:41 am

After maybe 50+ flights out of ICN, I don't think I've experiences an ATC delay more than 15 minutes. (Actually, I can't recall any delay other then a few late arriving aircraft)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.