Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ICN Asiana Lounge Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:38 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Braniff
I visited the Asiana First Lounge both in the main terminal and the satellite last week. The one in the main terminal was not crowded at all and good choice of food and beverage. (I was there in the morning). I did not experience it as "in bad condition, dirty and torn" per above. I thought it had quite a classy feel to it - I was sitting in the chairs near the windows. (The annoying bit was the walled off service walkway between the chair and the window.)

I then went to the one in the satellite. Much smaller of course but the food and beverage offerings seemed to be the same to me. The lounge does not have a classy atmosphere as the one in the main terminal. And it was crowded.

I did not have anyone check my boarding pass as I was going to the escalators to the train to the satellite. It's always been done before, but not this time.
I think flyvirgin was referring to the C lounge, not the F lounge. If my memory serves me correctly, they both have pianos in them. I haven't been to the Main Terminal C lounge in a while, but the furniture in the Concourse Terminal C lounge is getting kinda bad. Not torn that I could see, but badly stained in places. Could definitely use some re-upholstery.

I've never seen the Concourse Terminal F lounge crowded. What time were you there? I've been there many times in the early morning, up till about 0900 - 1000 and never more than a few people. Also been there in the evening a lot of times, but always arrived around 1900 or later, just as, or after, the SQ flight with F boards. Never been there from late morning to afternoon. I have seen the Main Terminal F lounge get to the point where I consider there are too many people there. Not crowded, but enough so that certain resources (dining area and business center) are being used to their full capacity. Haven't seen that lately though, perhaps due to the retiming of some of the OZ flights. That situation I've only seen in the evening, and I've been at that lounge all day on a few different occasions and evening is always the peak time there.

Food and beverage are not exactly the same between the two F lounges, though similar. Usually the Main Terminal F lounge has one additional hot food dish compared to the Concourse F lounge.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold
CA 139 arrives ICN at 12:05 pm. So I will probably miss the hot food in the lounge. I'll go look for a nice Korean lunch somewhere in the airport. Any suggestions as to where to eat? Do restaurants at ICN take credit cards? I won't have any Korean money and don't want to exchange for a small amount.

Will the OZ lounge put out some kind of snacks to nibble on after the hot food is gone? We will be hanging around from 12:05 until 4:30 pm.

Last edited by susiesan; Aug 21, 2011 at 9:55 pm
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by susiesan
CA 139 arrives ICN at 12:05 pm. So I will probably miss the hot food in the lounge. I'll go look for a nice Korean lunch somewhere in the airport. Any suggestions as to where to eat? Do restaurants at ICN take credit cards? I won't have any Korean money and don't want to exchange for a small amount.

Will the OZ lounge put out some kind of snacks to nibble on after the hot food is gone? We Will be hanging around from 12:05 until 4:30 pm.
I think you will be fine with the lounge food, unless you are extremely hungry. You will get a decent breakfast on the CA fight. There will be food available in the lounge; not quite a meal, but definitely more robust than what you find in a typical USA domestic lounge. Keep in mind that you will also be served a large meal on your OZ flight. If you still feel that you need something more, take a walk into the terminal to see what you can find. Mandoo is my favorite Korean snack food. Koreans use credit cards for most everything. (My staff over there keep telling me to use my credit cards for KRW 10,000 (~ USD $9-10) taxi rides, which I refuse to do. Instead, I bum the cash from them. )

With 4 hours to kill, you might want to walk around the terminal anyway. I've done the same CA flight from HGH, connecting to the UA flight to SFO, but I used the time to get some work done, otherwise I think I would have gone for a massage.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:23 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
If it's not a busy day, you might be fine. Back when I used to frequent that lounge, it was almost always on peak days and in the evening and the food disappeared in a matter of minutes. So if I were you, I'd check first in the lounge, and eat there if something looks appealing. If not, go out and eat, then return to the lounge. The lounge is conveniently located, so you won't be going out of your way to check there first.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 4:31 pm

Will the OZ lounge put out some kind of snacks to nibble on after the hot food is gone? We Will be hanging around from 12:05 until 4:30 pm.
Ha, who are you kidding? There is never hot food in the OZ business lounge at ICN. I was there yesterday for yet another serving of cold, runny scrambled eggs with a side of cold egg plant/tomato stir fry. When I complained that it was cold they didn't get what I was saying. Then I showed them how cold it was and they just microwaved my portion.

What a joke. This is something like my 5th time in that lounge and it always has cold food that is supposed to be hot. The KAL in the other terminal is much nicer if not equally as ugly.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:44 am

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott

Will the OZ lounge put out some kind of snacks to nibble on after the hot food is gone? We will be hanging around from 12:05 until 4:30 pm.
I've been there between 1:35 and 4:05 semi recently, and although the mealtime spread was gone, there were several hot snacks and dishes available and those were refilled quite often. I found the selection ample enough to hold me over until my OZ flight.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA GS
Showers & Pressing Service in ICN OZ lounge

Travelling through ICN from SFO to SYD in Biz with OZ

We will likely mak use of the showers to freshen up after the 10 hour haul from SFO. Anyone used the showers in the lounge? Appreciate your views.

Also, BA arrivals lounge at LHR has a pressing service to freshen up your clothes. Anything similar at ICN???

Many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.