Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Being assigned first class seat on two cabin plane?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Being assigned first class seat on two cabin plane?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I had one of these on a 777 the other night between HKG-ICN. Appears they assigned all the F seats to their own elites, and dumped the rest of us in the regular C/J cabin seats. Even drew the curtain off between F and C cabins. Was a bit pissed off about this since I was flying on a F ticket, but downgraded on this segment to C/J. Had F from ICN-FRA yesterday. Impressed by soft product but the seats were a bit dated and video unworkable! Ended up using my iPad and my own BOSE headphones.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Don't know what the official policy is, but I've flown in first 3x on a C award on the ICN-MNL route. 2x I picked my seat online. The 3rd time I sat in the seat I had picked (3A) on the smaller plane, which carried over to the 747 (last minute equipment change). All three times there were some empty seats in the first cabin.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:24 am

Does anyone know how this work
im on OZ NRT-ICN 74M only sold as C and Y on my flight. C award.
F is blocked right now online + on phone. July flight.
partner never been in a 747 nose section before....how can I get it?
thanks
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:39 pm

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by CLTF
Does anyone know how this work
im on OZ NRT-ICN 74M only sold as C and Y on my flight. C award.
F is blocked right now online + on phone. July flight.
partner never been in a 747 nose section before....how can I get it?
thanks
I've travelled this route in the F cabin on a C ticket before. We couldn't select those seats in advance and customer services told be that it was impossible to get those seats allocated and very unusual for a C pax to be moved there. Of course, at check in, they immediately apologised that our seats had been altered and we found we were assigned 1A+K without asking. Further enquiry indicated that they always do this when 10 or fewer pax are in C, which is quite common on this route. It's much easier to do the service in the small F cabin than to open up the upstairs C cabin. Also, they don't like to have both cabins running unless C is maxed out.

Most likely you will be moved into the F cabin unless it is an usually heavy load. Maybe you can call a few days before to get those seat assignments.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: no status
Originally Posted by rkobylka
I also have a ICN - HKG flight on OZ. I have a business class ticket but confirmed in seat 3A and the current metal is still listed as a 747.
I am literally in the same seat on F award, equipment also shows 747. So will we see I guess ...
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:40 pm

Does anyone have any other experience with this? I'm on an award C ticket LAX-ICN-HKG. Looks like the ICN-HKG segment on the day I'm flying is operated by a 747-400 with two-class service. The online seat assignment tool allows me to select F seats -- the last two F seats available. What's the likelihood we'll keep our seats in this case? Will we get to the airport and get kicked back to the C cabin? I know it will be C service, but it would be nice to try out the F seats.

Right now we're in two adjacent seats on the upper deck, so if we're likely to get kicked out of the F cabin, we'd hate to lose those adjacent seats!

Would love to hear a report from anyone who selected the F seats in advance on a C ticket and lived to tell the tale.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:15 pm

Programs: CX SL, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by cactus47
Does anyone have any other experience with this? I'm on an award C ticket LAX-ICN-HKG. Looks like the ICN-HKG segment on the day I'm flying is operated by a 747-400 with two-class service. The online seat assignment tool allows me to select F seats -- the last two F seats available. What's the likelihood we'll keep our seats in this case? Will we get to the airport and get kicked back to the C cabin? I know it will be C service, but it would be nice to try out the F seats.

Right now we're in two adjacent seats on the upper deck, so if we're likely to get kicked out of the F cabin, we'd hate to lose those adjacent seats!

Would love to hear a report from anyone who selected the F seats in advance on a C ticket and lived to tell the tale.
I'll be flying from NRT-ICN on a 747 2 class flight in about three weeks!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: QF WP, AC*G

My parents just flex KIX-ICN on a J award ticket and kept their F seats. YMMV but I'd take that as a reasonable sign.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by *A Flyer
My parents just flex KIX-ICN on a J award ticket and kept their F seats. YMMV but I'd take that as a reasonable sign.
Thanks for the update! That is a good sign indeed. We snagged the last two F seats. The only downside is that the F seats and configuration aren't designed for couples traveling together!
Old May 21, 2012, 11:15 am

I can report back, this worked fine: We got our F seats on the C award for the ICN-HKG segment. We had a C amenity bag, but F blankets/pillows. We fell right asleep and didn't experience any of the food, but I assume it was standard C food.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: United Gold
I can report back, this worked fine: We got our F seats on the C award for the ICN-HKG segment. We had a C amenity bag, but F blankets/pillows. We fell right asleep and didn't experience any of the food, but I assume it was standard C food.
Hopefully this works in the opposite direction. I'm on a C award HKG-ICN on this type of 747. Asiana's website let me pick 2K which is listed as First Class on seatguru.com even though I'm on a C award. I also tried to phantom book a true First Class seat on their website but they were only selling economy and business, even through the plane has 3 class cabins. I'll be really happy to keep the 2K seat even if I only get business class service and meals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.