Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Always Flyin
7/2/2018 update (either the link or this method may die at any point):
Here's the steps for those booked Asiana flight using UA (or other) miles.
For all award trips, "Find my trip" doesn't work.
Select "Check-in" and fill the information. But not through the check-in button at the bottom of the first page. Go through "BOOK" at the top bar and then click "check-in". https://flyasiana.com/I/US/EN/CheckIn.do#none
You must have the ASIANA record locator number, which is available on the United site for your reservation.
It won't allow check-in because your travel date is too far away. But it lets us to select seats !!
Remember: between 72 and 48 hours before each flight, all good seats (front Y) are open.

======
Note: Seat selection now available at time of booking, before payment.
Online Advance Seat Reservation
Go to Reservations > Click on My Reservations > Login or Continue as Guest > Find or Enter Reservation Number > Click on Advance Seat Reservation located near the bottom of View Reservation Info screen
Print Wikipost

Asiana Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by steveman518
The first name was input as (FIRSTNAME)(MR/MS)(MIDDLE INITIAL) as one name (if the middle initial is on the UA PNR)
Is there any reason why this link http://eu.flyasiana.com/I/en/Default...&menuType=LINK
stopped working for me as of today? I tried logging on again today, as usual, and it says I entered the wrong information, even though it is 100% correct.
I did recently erase my cache and history, maybe that has something to do with it?

Last edited by joer1212; Nov 19, 2014 at 8:48 pm
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
THANKS !!! I actually got this to work!!!! On a UA issued award ticket no less.

Caveats. It only worked with my name in the following format....

If my name was Mabuk Dan Gila (not my real name), for family name / given name, I had to put GILA/MABUKDMR . Your name, middle name (or initial or lack thereof) and honorific appended to the end, may vary. In my case it ONLY worked with the middle initial and MR appended to the end of my first name.

The only "reservation number" that worked was the Amadeus booking reference. AKA the Asiana "6 character alphanumeric" booking reference. I also have the valid "Asiana 7 or 8 digit numerical" booking reference for this reservation but alas mine if of the 7 digit variety and this form requests the 8 digit variety so it didn't work with my 7 digit Asiana numerical booking reference.

The e-ticket is on United 016 ticket stock and the "Flight Ticket Number Inquiry" option did not work at all with any combination.

But it DID work on a UA Award ticket!!! With the Amadeus booking reference and my middle initial and MR appended to my First name.
A funny thing happened to me. I was logging into the Asiana seat selector using your link nearly every day for 2 weeks straight (to check if more seats in C opened up). I had no problem doing this at all, as long as I put "MR" at the end of my first name.
About 3 nights ago, I tried logging in again, and now I get an error message stating it is the wrong information, even though it is the same information I've been using successfully for weeks!
What happened? Any suggestion on how I can log back in like I used to?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: AE, MP, DL, AA, Accor Platinum (But aren't we all?)
@ previous 2 OPs: Surprised this happened as I was able to select F seats this morning for a trip for next year Sep. Maybe it was a temporary glitch? Thanks to all for providing the info for the seat selection which Asiana was very adamant over the phone can't be done.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by SOLTATIO
@ previous 2 OPs: Surprised this happened as I was able to select F seats this morning for a trip for next year Sep. Maybe it was a temporary glitch? Thanks to all for providing the info for the seat selection which Asiana was very adamant over the phone can't be done.
I could no longer log into Asiana seat selector after I deleted all my history and cache. Maybe this has something to do with it?
This is causing me anxiety because I was counting on logging in a few days before my flight to change my seat.
Just to reiterate: did you say you entered your last name, first name with "MR" at the end (with no spaces), then your 6 digit alphanumeric code to log in?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: AE, MP, DL, AA, Accor Platinum (But aren't we all?)
Yes I entered last name, first name, "MR" attached to first name. For a different itinerary I also selected a seat for I had to put in the first-name/second-name-initial/MR before it worked but both of them had no problem. Try IE for best possibilities?

Originally Posted by joer1212
I could no longer log into Asiana seat selector after I deleted all my history and cache. Maybe this has something to do with it?
This is causing me anxiety because I was counting on logging in a few days before my flight to change my seat.
Just to reiterate: did you say you entered your last name, first name with "MR" at the end (with no spaces), then your 6 digit alphanumeric code to log in?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by SOLTATIO
Yes I entered last name, first name, "MR" attached to first name. For a different itinerary I also selected a seat for I had to put in the first-name/second-name-initial/MR before it worked but both of them had no problem. Try IE for best possibilities?
Your suggestion was a good idea, but unfortunately it didn't work. I get the same error message that I entered the wrong information. I even tried adding only my last and first names (without the "MR"), and the same thing happens.
This is really bugging me not only because I won't be able to change my seat 72 hours before my flight, but also because I won't be able to check into my flight at all.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I was just able to again view my seats online. In my case, my "first name" was in the form of [first name]+[middle initial]+["Mr"], with no spaces.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I was just able to again view my seats online. In my case, my "first name" was in the form of [first name]+[middle initial]+["Mr"], with no spaces.
I did this (without the middle initial, as I have none). Same error message.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:24 am

I could not retrieve rez or select seats within 72 hours of flight. Agents in SYD & BKK could not retrieve seats at 44 & 26 hour mark.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by BF263533
I could not retrieve rez or select seats within 72 hours of flight. Agents in SYD & BKK could not retrieve seats at 44 & 26 hour mark.
This is very troubling, not to mention frustrating. Asiana should get their act together and fix their glitchy website. There is simply no excuse for this.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by joer1212
This is very troubling, not to mention frustrating. Asiana should get their act together and fix their glitchy website. There is simply no excuse for this.
The rest of their service was very good, but it a very glitchy website that hurts its image.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
wow

I was able to log on through here:

http://eu.flyasiana.com/I/en/Default...Type=LINK#none

LASTNAME / FIRSTNAMEMI

I got a pop-up in Chrome, FireFox, and IE but wasn't able to actually select the itinerary once I got there. In the IE window I at one point got a "hand" where I could "finger" a flight and got a pop-up box in Korean with a message of some sort.

So I called Asiana. Agent first said, "It's a United codeshare." So I said, I have the Asiana PNR so I can get a seat assigned.

She then said, "Use the website to get the assignment." I explained to her the above. She said "Did you select the English version?" Then we went through the site together until I told her what page I was on. She then said, "That page is working."

I then said, "But it's not for me, and all I want is a window seat. Can you please help me with that?" She finally did.

What. The. Hell.

Between the non-functioning site, and the head-exploding interaction with the reservations agent, I will add Asiana to my "avoid list." I would expect this from Air Tajikistan, not this carrier.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I had no problems following the instructions. Called UA for OZ PNR's and was able to login and change seats for 5 different itins.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by big V
I was able to log on through here:

http://eu.flyasiana.com/I/en/Default...Type=LINK#none

LASTNAME / FIRSTNAMEMI

I got a pop-up in Chrome, FireFox, and IE but wasn't able to actually select the itinerary once I got there. In the IE window I at one point got a "hand" where I could "finger" a flight and got a pop-up box in Korean with a message of some sort.

So I called Asiana. Agent first said, "It's a United codeshare." So I said, I have the Asiana PNR so I can get a seat assigned.

She then said, "Use the website to get the assignment." I explained to her the above. She said "Did you select the English version?" Then we went through the site together until I told her what page I was on. She then said, "That page is working."

I then said, "But it's not for me, and all I want is a window seat. Can you please help me with that?" She finally did.

What. The. Hell.

Between the non-functioning site, and the head-exploding interaction with the reservations agent, I will add Asiana to my "avoid list." I would expect this from Air Tajikistan, not this carrier.
Just tried it, and I still get the error message that I have entered the wrong information. I put my last name, first name + "MR" (I have no middle initial).

Last edited by joer1212; Dec 9, 2014 at 5:54 pm
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Interesting just checked in and was able to select upper deck seats on a 747 combi. If I'm not mistaken thats J class even though i have a Y UA award tix. Only a short hop from HKG-ICN but interesting if I get biz. lol.

They might catch it when I go to check bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.