Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways flight mileage credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2010, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, OZ DM+, CX DM, LH SEN

I've had a search in the forums and can't find an answer to my question, so here goes.

A month ago I flew Qatar Airways on a Y class ticket from CDG-DOH then DOH-PVG. At check-in at CDG I used my Asiana Club card as I remembered that Qantas was a partner of Asiana, although not a *A member. The check-in lady accepted the card and my Asiana Club card number was printed on the boarding pass.

All good so I thought. Since then I have not been credited with the miles. Normally it only takes for a few days for *A flights to credit and from experience any flight that is not credited within a couple of weeks will not be credited at all. I'm sure it wasn't a code share flight.

So my questions are:
1) Am I right in assuming that such a flight with Qatar Airways should be eligible for miles with Asiana or am I missing something?
2) Does anyone have experience of successfully crediting Qatar Airways flights with Asiana and how long did it take to credit?

Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2010, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
It would depend on what booking class your reservation is booked in.

According to Asiana Club, only K (and a few others) do not earn miles.

http://eu.flyasiana.com/Global/EU/en...?fid=CLUB14400

Credit might take a few days to up to 3 weeks. If still no miles, then you'd need to send it your boarding passes and copy of your e-ticket which clearly states the booking class and fare basis.

And welcome to FlyerTalk, studio54!

PS - you mentioned 'Qantas' .. I hope you meant 'Qatar' as QF is definitely not a partner of Asiana Club!
Old Jun 27, 2010, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, OZ DM+, CX DM, LH SEN
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it was a typo! Should have read Qatar not Qantas.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 9:39 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
PS - you mentioned 'Qantas' .. I hope you meant 'Qatar' as QF is definitely not a partner of Asiana Club!
While QF is not a partner of Asiana Club they are a long time partner of Asiana.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:28 pm

Programs: OZ D+, BA Silver, IC Royal Plat. Ambassador
I had to send in my boarding pass to get mileage credit for a flight on Qatar Airways last year, even if my OZ number was registered on the boarding pass.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:42 pm

I had to do the same - my OZ number was registered on all boarding passes, but after about 6 weeks, my mileage wasn't credited yet. I called my local OZ office and they asked me to mail the boarding passes and e-ticket to them, and they credited miles within a day after that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.