Wiki Posts
Search

Dining - Langkawi

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2008, 2:18 pm
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Dining - Langkawi

We will be travelling to Langkawi shortly, staying at the FS. We will be there for 2 weeks which means that - though I am sure that the food at the FS will be great - we would like to be eating out some days, either lunch or dinner. We do not mind travelling up to 30 minutes for an excellent meal (I know that FS is a bit isolated). So: Can any of you recommend any good restaurant for lunch or dinner that we can visit? Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 11, 2008, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
I found Niyom Thai Restaurant at the Pelangi Beach Resort to be quite excellent (granted, we were staying there so it wasn't really a special trip or anything.) Down the street from our hotel there were also some excellent authentic (albeit not at all fancy) Malaysian restaurants.

Cheers,
Old Feb 13, 2008, 6:36 am

The Bon Ton is a very nice restaurant in a lovely setting featuring some local and some international dishes.
We stayed at the Pelangi Beach and also ate at some the nearby hotel restaurants on the beach - the Casa del Mar and the Beach Resort.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 1:07 pm

I agree, the bon ton is a lovely restaurant.
The restaurants at The Datai are also excellent.
There is a very good and interesting restaurant called barn thai. its inland in a mangrove forest and quite exciting.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 2:21 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Yeah, can recomment both Bon Ton and Barn Thai. Barnt Thai is really far from everything, but since you have 2 weeks it might make a nice 'short trip'
Old Feb 18, 2008, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Celebrity Elite Plus, SeaDream Yacht Club
I will be at the Westin Langkawi for 5 days, do you have any recommendations for that area?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.