Wiki Posts
Search

Tashkent

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Tashkent

I am not sure if this is the right place for this post, but does anyone have any advice on visiting Uzbekistan? Any hotel advice in Tashkent and an idea of which airlines fly there would be helpful.
Thanks
Old Jul 4, 2007, 2:22 pm

Lufthansa used to have regular flights to Tashkent, in addition to Uzbek Airways and maybe Turkish Airways. There is a 3/4 star US chain hotel there, Sheraton if memory serves correctly. Also the large Hotel Uzbekistan probably 2 star. A google search would probably show a few other hotels.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
I stayed at the IC, which is regarded as the best place in town by my company, although I haven't checked out any of the other places. It's a nice hotel and not too badly priced. Good security to, which is important for some people.

I flew BA, which was OK I guess. They fly an A321 which has to refuel in Yerevan. They have the old club world cradle seats and business takes up half the aircraft at least. It was quite a cool flight actually. In Yerevan some PAX terminate the flight but new PAX are not allowed on. The cabin crew warned of theft from bags as the economy PAX passed through the C cabin to leave
Old Jul 4, 2007, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I figured uzbek airways flew there, but hoping I could fly on a european airline
Old Jul 5, 2007, 2:01 am

You're not saying where you're flying from, but Asiana (*A) also flies from Seoul to Tashkent. In general, for questions regarding ex-CIS countries, you may have better luck on the Russia forum.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Sorry for being confusing. I didn't say where I am flying from only because I don't know where I am going to be flying from. I am going to be doing a fair amount of travelling to europe and asia next year and figured that depending on which airlines fly there, that would make my decision.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 4:13 pm

Programs: Lots of different coloured cards
I flew BA aswell to TAS ( BMED operated actually ) but the route since has been discontinued...stayed at the IC which was quite nice, also noticed a Radisson up the road...or was that somewhere else..hmmm....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.