Search

TPE airport hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2013, 4:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
http://www.booking.com/hotel/tw/tao-...dbc175fbd4a4X3
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:59 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is the Novotel the only hotel that has a free airport shuttle? Are there any hotels relatively close to the airport that have a cheap bus? I have a 12 hour layover, but dont want to go all the way into town for fear of bad traffic in the morning.
Follow up to this - looking like I might need a TPE airport hotel next week and trying to figure out what the best close to the airport option is.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by J.Edward
Follow up to this - looking like I might need a TPE airport hotel next week and trying to figure out what the best close to the airport option is.
I would recommend the Novotel. There is a free shuttle bus every 30 minutes that goes from Terminal 1 and 2. Price goes up if you book less than 3 days in advance.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Not hotel-related, but possible flight delay due to Double Tenth Ceremony this week

You didn't mention what day your stay will be nor your flight schedule.

If it's on Wednesday , October 10th, look out for possible flight delay. It's been reported due to the air control for the ceremony rehearsal, more than 300 flights had been significantly delayed since October 2nd. Delay was about 15 minutes or up to 2 hours, especially during the peak time. Unfortunately, TPE only got very short notice from the Ministry of National Defense, so more than 50,000 passengers were affected from those 4 rehearsals. I can only imagine on Wednesday, delay should be about the same, if not any worse.

Good luck!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Two options I can suggest from personal experience as I am in the area quite often:

1. Novotel - this is the easiest, and most convenient - however, it can get costly. There is a free shuttle or just use the train (make sure you go in the correct direction) to your terminal. I've been staying here for years, and while prices have steadily increased and the hotel is getting long in the tooth, it is really convenient

2. Holiday Inn Express Taoyuan - this is a good, clean, semi-convenient hotel, but requires a taxi or uber, however the significantly lower cost vs the Novotel makes this a good choice especially if you're not departing early morning
ginmqi likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:50 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Many thanks all - one night, needed to an evening arrival on Wednesday to connect to an AM departure on Thursday.

thinking I’ll go with the Novotel but will only make the reservation after I’m certain my inbound will not be delayed to the point of causing a misconnect (doubt this likely with an overnight).
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Two options I can suggest from personal experience as I am in the area quite often:

1. Novotel - this is the easiest, and most convenient - however, it can get costly. There is a free shuttle or just use the train (make sure you go in the correct direction) to your terminal. I've been staying here for years, and while prices have steadily increased and the hotel is getting long in the tooth, it is really convenient

2. Holiday Inn Express Taoyuan - this is a good, clean, semi-convenient hotel, but requires a taxi or uber, however the significantly lower cost vs the Novotel makes this a good choice especially if you're not departing early morning
Thanks for that info. I also saw Novotel was the closest option. I do have some Chase UR pts so I may look into that as I will be at TPE from 7pm-7am (have a 730am flight next AM).

But I also found that one of the plaza premium lounges have private bed/suite that you can reserve for overnight stays. I have priority pass through Chase Sapphire Reserve, but not sure if that allows me to get free access to those suites? My thread here: 12hr layover TPE - PP allow reservation of private suites at Plaza Premium Lounge?

https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...-departures-t2

Maybe I'll email them.

Trying to reserve straight through the website pulls up a $192 fee for a 12hr stay....

update: Priority Pass does not cover bedroom suites at the plaza premium lounge.

Last edited by ginmqi; Jan 23, 2019 at 10:49 am
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen

From HIX Taoyuan it can be crazy far during traffic, would not recommend it. Might as well stay in Taipei near the freeway
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
From HIX Taoyuan it can be crazy far during traffic, would not recommend it. Might as well stay in Taipei near the freeway
Really?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:13 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ginmqi
Thanks for that info. I also saw Novotel was the closest option. I do have some Chase UR pts so I may look into that as I will be at TPE from 7pm-7am (have a 730am flight next AM).

But I also found that one of the plaza premium lounges have private bed/suite that you can reserve for overnight stays. I have priority pass through Chase Sapphire Reserve, but not sure if that allows me to get free access to those suites? My thread here: 12hr layover TPE - PP allow reservation of private suites at Plaza Premium Lounge?

Maybe I'll email them.

Trying to reserve straight through the website pulls up a $192 fee for a 12hr stay....
Ouch, near-$200 for the novotel? I remember booking it for $70-80/night...and then lamenting how a pathetic salad and sandwich from room service added up to about half that.

Shuttle can also get quite busy, but yes, it’s obviously very close to the terminals.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Depends on time of day - we left around 7am and it wasn't too bad.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento

Ouch, near-$200 for the novotel? I remember booking it for $70-80/night...
I believe OP meant $192 for the private room in said lounge, not for Novotel:

Originally Posted by ginmqi
Appears one of the Plaza Premium lounge in T2 has private rooms/beds available for reserve, which would be extremely helpful for the wife and I as we layover from 7pm-7am.

Looks like you may need to email/call ahead to reserve a room? (their website shows a $192 USD rate for 12hr stay).
ginmqi likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento

Ouch, near-$200 for the novotel? I remember booking it for $70-80/night...and then lamenting how a pathetic salad and sandwich from room service added up to about half that.

Shuttle can also get quite busy, but yes, it’s obviously very close to the terminals.
Oh no, not the novotel, that was for that plaza premium lounge with the bedroom suites. Very expensive indeed.

And btw priority pass doesn't allow free access to the bedroom suites

Originally Posted by lin821
I believe OP meant $192 for the private room in said lounge, not for Novotel:
Yup.

I'll likely go novotel for my 12hr overnight layover

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.