Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

12hr layover TPE - PP allow reservation of private suites at Plaza Premium Lounge?

12hr layover TPE - PP allow reservation of private suites at Plaza Premium Lounge?

Old Jan 22, 19, 2:35 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: HNL
Posts: 671
12hr layover TPE - PP allow reservation of private suites at Plaza Premium Lounge?

Searched the forum and didn't see this specific question addressed.

Looks like TPE has about 4 Plaza Premium lounges. I have a 12hr layover in TPE coming up in april.
Appears one of the Plaza Premium lounge in T2 has private rooms/beds available for reserve, which would be extremely helpful for the wife and I as we layover from 7pm-7am.
https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...-departures-t2

Looks like you may need to email/call ahead to reserve a room? (their website shows a $192 USD rate for 12hr stay).

Not sure if my PP (through CSR) allows access to these rooms and if I just show up night of and can get a room?

Thanks all the help in advance!

edit: unfortuantely no other status/biz/F-class ticket and no access to other airline lounges. Just an economy ticket on CI from HNL-TPE-SGN with the 12hr between TPE and SGN. Looks like no hotel attached to TPE so this may be the next best thing

edit 2: And I just got an email response from Plaza Premium Lounge at TPE: No. Priority Pass does not allow complimentary access or any discounts to the bedroom suites.

Last edited by ginmqi; Jan 24, 19 at 1:21 pm
ginmqi is offline  
Old Jan 22, 19, 7:15 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Home
Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Posts: 7,635
TPE hotels...

Originally Posted by ginmqi View Post
...Looks like no hotel attached to TPE ...
Can't answer the lounge question but there are indeed hotel options near TPE:

Overnight Transit through Taipei Airport

Overnight layover in TPE - hotel options?

TPE airport hotels?

I've never stayed there but Novotel seems to stand out.
ginmqi likes this.

Last edited by lin821; Jan 22, 19 at 7:22 am Reason: adding a link
lin821 is offline  
Old Jan 22, 19, 12:10 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: HNL
Posts: 671
Originally Posted by lin821 View Post
Can't answer the lounge question but there are indeed hotel options near TPE:

Overnight Transit through Taipei Airport

Overnight layover in TPE - hotel options?

TPE airport hotels?

I've never stayed there but Novotel seems to stand out.
Thanks for those links. I should up my FT Search Engine Skills....

But hopefully someone has some knowledge of the lounge access for beds with priority pass....
ginmqi is offline  
Old Jan 22, 19, 1:26 pm
  #4  
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 38,622
Originally Posted by ginmqi View Post
....12hr layover....
Note that the Priority Pass listing for this lounge stipulates:

Maximum 3 hour stay - Children under 2 years are admitted free - All children must be accompanied by an adult - Complimentary alcoholic drinks are limited to draught beer and house wine only - Smart casual dress at all times.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...-lounge-zone-a

Also, it provides an email address: [email protected]
ginmqi likes this.
mia is offline  
Old Jan 22, 19, 1:36 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: HNL
Posts: 671
Originally Posted by mia View Post
Note that the Priority Pass listing for this lounge stipulates:



https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...-lounge-zone-a

Also, it provides an email address: [email protected]
Indeed, that's the listed time limit for a normal/usual stay. But I did just email them to see if priority pass allows the 12hr reservation for the bedroom suite (which obviously should bypass that 3hr normal stay limit)
ginmqi is offline  
Old Jan 22, 19, 1:45 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,908
What exactly are you asking? Whether priority pass covers the room??
s0ssos is offline  
Old Jan 22, 19, 8:03 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: HNL
Posts: 671
Originally Posted by s0ssos View Post
What exactly are you asking? Whether priority pass covers the room??
Yes. Whether PP covers the room.

And I just got an email response from Plaza Premium Lounge at TPE: No. Priority Pass does not allow complimentary access or any discounts to the bedroom suites.
ginmqi is offline  
Old Jan 24, 19, 12:01 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SFOSJCOAK
Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS MVPG 75K, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Posts: 5,779
Originally Posted by ginmqi View Post
Yes. Whether PP covers the room.

And I just got an email response from Plaza Premium Lounge at TPE: No. Priority Pass does not allow complimentary access or any discounts to the bedroom suites.
Good to know, thanks.
ginmqi likes this.
allset2travel is offline  
Old Jan 24, 19, 1:21 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: HNL
Posts: 671
Originally Posted by allset2travel View Post
Good to know, thanks.
Glad to be of help!
ginmqi is offline  
Old Jan 24, 19, 1:24 pm
  #10  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 83,898
Plaza Premium operates airport transit hotels at some airports in Asia, so I would assume that this is a transit hotel and not a lounge benefit. It's probably available to anyone who makes a reservation and pays, independent of any lounge access, although it could be convenient to coordinate the lounge visit with the hotel room for either late night snacks/drinks or breakfast.
ginmqi likes this.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Jan 24, 19, 1:40 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: HNL
Posts: 671
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Plaza Premium operates airport transit hotels at some airports in Asia, so I would assume that this is a transit hotel and not a lounge benefit. It's probably available to anyone who makes a reservation and pays, independent of any lounge access, although it could be convenient to coordinate the lounge visit with the hotel room for either late night snacks/drinks or breakfast.
Indeed. I think with many of these independently owned lounges, you can access it if you pay the fee outright, regardless of your status/PP. (Of course airline specific lounges I would imagine you cannot just waltz in...even if flash some benjamins to the front desk).

Was hoping for at least a discount to those suites but alas looks like that is a no go.
ginmqi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread