Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

12hr layover TPE - PP allow reservation of private suites at Plaza Premium Lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12hr layover TPE - PP allow reservation of private suites at Plaza Premium Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Searched the forum and didn't see this specific question addressed.

Looks like TPE has about 4 Plaza Premium lounges. I have a 12hr layover in TPE coming up in april.
Appears one of the Plaza Premium lounge in T2 has private rooms/beds available for reserve, which would be extremely helpful for the wife and I as we layover from 7pm-7am.
https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...-departures-t2

Looks like you may need to email/call ahead to reserve a room? (their website shows a $192 USD rate for 12hr stay).

Not sure if my PP (through CSR) allows access to these rooms and if I just show up night of and can get a room?

Thanks all the help in advance!

edit: unfortuantely no other status/biz/F-class ticket and no access to other airline lounges. Just an economy ticket on CI from HNL-TPE-SGN with the 12hr between TPE and SGN. Looks like no hotel attached to TPE so this may be the next best thing

edit 2: And I just got an email response from Plaza Premium Lounge at TPE: No. Priority Pass does not allow complimentary access or any discounts to the bedroom suites.

Last edited by ginmqi; Jan 24, 2019 at 1:21 pm
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
TPE hotels...

Originally Posted by ginmqi
...Looks like no hotel attached to TPE ...
Can't answer the lounge question but there are indeed hotel options near TPE:

Overnight Transit through Taipei Airport

Overnight layover in TPE - hotel options?

TPE airport hotels?

I've never stayed there but Novotel seems to stand out.
ginmqi likes this.

Last edited by lin821; Jan 22, 2019 at 7:22 am Reason: adding a link
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lin821
Can't answer the lounge question but there are indeed hotel options near TPE:

Overnight Transit through Taipei Airport

Overnight layover in TPE - hotel options?

TPE airport hotels?

I've never stayed there but Novotel seems to stand out.
Thanks for those links. I should up my FT Search Engine Skills....

But hopefully someone has some knowledge of the lounge access for beds with priority pass....
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....12hr layover....
Note that the Priority Pass listing for this lounge stipulates:

Maximum 3 hour stay - Children under 2 years are admitted free - All children must be accompanied by an adult - Complimentary alcoholic drinks are limited to draught beer and house wine only - Smart casual dress at all times.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...-lounge-zone-a

Also, it provides an email address: [email protected]
ginmqi likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Note that the Priority Pass listing for this lounge stipulates:

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...-lounge-zone-a

Also, it provides an email address: [email protected]
Indeed, that's the listed time limit for a normal/usual stay. But I did just email them to see if priority pass allows the 12hr reservation for the bedroom suite (which obviously should bypass that 3hr normal stay limit)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:45 pm

What exactly are you asking? Whether priority pass covers the room??
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by s0ssos
What exactly are you asking? Whether priority pass covers the room??
Yes. Whether PP covers the room.

And I just got an email response from Plaza Premium Lounge at TPE: No. Priority Pass does not allow complimentary access or any discounts to the bedroom suites.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Yes. Whether PP covers the room.

And I just got an email response from Plaza Premium Lounge at TPE: No. Priority Pass does not allow complimentary access or any discounts to the bedroom suites.
Good to know, thanks.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Good to know, thanks.
Glad to be of help!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Plaza Premium operates airport transit hotels at some airports in Asia, so I would assume that this is a transit hotel and not a lounge benefit. It's probably available to anyone who makes a reservation and pays, independent of any lounge access, although it could be convenient to coordinate the lounge visit with the hotel room for either late night snacks/drinks or breakfast.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Plaza Premium operates airport transit hotels at some airports in Asia, so I would assume that this is a transit hotel and not a lounge benefit. It's probably available to anyone who makes a reservation and pays, independent of any lounge access, although it could be convenient to coordinate the lounge visit with the hotel room for either late night snacks/drinks or breakfast.
Indeed. I think with many of these independently owned lounges, you can access it if you pay the fee outright, regardless of your status/PP. (Of course airline specific lounges I would imagine you cannot just waltz in...even if flash some benjamins to the front desk).

Was hoping for at least a discount to those suites but alas looks like that is a no go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.