Wiki Posts
Search

Incheon Airport Transit Tours?!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2006, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Incheon Airport Transit Tours?!

Hey, all,

I've just booked a ticket that will include, among other highlights, a 7.5 hour layover at Incheon airport in Korea. I was pleased, and a little surprised, to find the airport and tourism authorities offering "transit tours" -- 2-to-5 hour trips to surrounding areas, including golf courses, spas, and Seoul.

Details here: http://www.airport.or.kr/iiacms/page...de=C1202020301

I'm leaning toward the Incheon city tour, as I don't think we'll have time for the full Seoul tour. Anyone ever tried this? If so, how were your experiences?

I think it's a fantastic idea, and one that other airports where I've been stuck for multiple hours would do well to emulate (Chiang Kai Shek International, most dismal airport in Asia, I'm talking to you.)
Old Sep 7, 2006, 7:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Yawn....

I went on the exact same tour you speak of, the Incheon tour offered by the airport.

Before I describe our tour, let me just say that our tour guide was a very sweet young lady full of energy and enthusiasm. She was very eager to show us Incheon.

First we went to this beach. It looked like an ordinary beach to me. Don't know if it had any historical significance like those at Normandy.

Then we went to this small shopping area where people can buy fresh seafood and groceries.

Then we went to a temple.

I guess it wasn't that bad but I wasn't that impressed. If I had another long layover at ICN, I will spend it here:

http://www.airgardenhotel.com/english.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.