Reload this Page >

Working in Indonesia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Working in Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2006, 6:20 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
My family lives in Bekasi .. not far from the hotel actually lol

The city is called Bekasi not Berkasi. And perhaps the reason why you can't find any info on the hotel online is because it's called Hotel Horison.

Hotel Horison is right next to a mall called Metropolitan Mall. In fact I believe they're connected. I don't think the hotel have high speed internet but if anything he can just walk a few steps next door and use the internet cafe inside the mall. And Metropolitan Mall is a pretty big mall .. but again the standard size of Indonesian malls is usually bigger than the ones you find here in the US

As for malaria .. your husband shouldn't worry about it unless he plan on taking a trip to the Borobudur temple area in Central Java.

Jakarta is between 45 mts to 1 1/2 hrs away from Bekasi, depending on traffic. And Bandung city is approx 2 hours away using the tollway that pass thru Bekasi.

If he have a long weekend, tell him to take a trip to Bali. Should be no more than $100 r/t using Garuda Indonesia or even less on the LCC's.

Your husband will have a good time in Indonesia .. don't worry about it. Just use common sense anywhere he go and he should be fine. You should go with him next time .. it's soo worth the long trip
Old Aug 28, 2006, 8:00 am

Borobudur vs Bali

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
My family lives in Bekasi .. not far from the hotel actually lol

If he have a long weekend, tell him to take a trip to Bali. Should be no more than $100 r/t using Garuda Indonesia or even less on the LCC's.

D
Encourage your husband to take a one day trip to Borobudor, he can fly out in morning, arrange a tour guide/car to visit and then fly back in afternoon. It is a visit well worth the effort.

I personally think Bali is over-rated, just POV.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa, SAS, Delta, Priority Club Rewards, AMEX Open Gold
Talking

I just wanted to thank all of you for the replies and advice.

My Husband is on the way as I post and the replies here have helped us plan for this trip better than we have ever planned before!

He will fly to Atlanta this AM and then from Atlanta into Narita for a 22 hour layover. He is going to stay at the HOLIDAY INN NARITA TOBU and try to get some sleep and a good meal, then he will fly out to Jakarta. The company he is working for will have a driver meet him there and take him to the hotel.

So, he is off on his new adventure and I am sure he will love it!

Again thank you all so much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.