Wiki Posts
Search

Connection time at PVG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2006, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Connection time at PVG

I am traveling ORD-PVG on AA in a few weeks and am about to book a connection to PEK, but want to know if the connection time is enough.

I am flying J on AA289 that arrives PVG at 2:15pm. I am looking to book a ticket that departs PVG-PEK at 4:00pm on China Eastern. I have no checked luggage and a regular tourist single-entry visa.

Is the 105 minute connection time enough?
Old Apr 24, 2006, 8:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by olimaspecto
I am traveling ORD-PVG on AA in a few weeks and am about to book a connection to PEK, but want to know if the connection time is enough.

I am flying J on AA289 that arrives PVG at 2:15pm. I am looking to book a ticket that departs PVG-PEK at 4:00pm on China Eastern. I have no checked luggage and a regular tourist single-entry visa.

Is the 105 minute connection time enough?
yeah, that should be fine. but, i don't think you have much to gain by buying a ticket before you arrive in shanghai (unless you score a great deal, of course). remember, mu's operating record isn't exactly stellar. on the flip side, there are only around 6 flights per day between pvg and pek so if your mu flight is delayed, you might just have to stick it out.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 8:40 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
I think in general transiting in Japan or Korea is preferable if coming from the US. As far as I know the only aiports in China with a designated transit area are Guangzhou and Hongkong. ICN, KIX or NGO mean a lot less hassle than PVG.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Originally Posted by mosburger
I think in general transiting in Japan or Korea is preferable if coming from the US. As far as I know the only aiports in China with a designated transit area are Guangzhou and Hongkong. ICN, KIX or NGO mean a lot less hassle than PVG.
I definitely agree, and if it wasn't for AA's new flight I would be through HKG
Old Apr 24, 2006, 8:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mosburger
i agree 100%. the problem is when out of pocket expenses come into play, nrt-pek (and to a lesser extent icn-pek) is in different league than sha-pek. also, international---> domestic is pretty painless at pvg because immigration isn't too bad and domestic check-in is very efficient (30 minutes is all you need).

oh, and before closing, i want to chime in on guangzhou. i've transited there 4 times now and pvg works much, much better (can's 3 hour minimum connect time for dom-->int is not a misprint).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.