Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phuket-Krabi-Ko Lanta advice please

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2006, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Phuket-Krabi-Ko Lanta advice please

Planning a trip for end of November this year...we have 10 nights to stay in the area...is it best to split this time into 2 or 3 resorts? Looking for a low key, relaxing vacation...beach, kayak, snorkeling...we are considering the following:

Phuket-Khao Lak: Sarojin or Twin Palms
Krabi: Tubkaak or Nakamanda
Ko Lanta: Layana or Pimalai

Any feedback on these properties as well as advice on how to best "experience" the area will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2006, 4:32 am

Phuket vs. Khao Lak is a difficult question. Khao Lak is certainly more quiet at night. Sarojin - an excellent resort - is quiet and out of the way. Twin Palms is just off Surin Beach with about 20+ Beach Shack Restaurants right on the beach. Outside Sarojin are three Thai restaurants on the beach.

Twin Palms (in Surin) to the "nightlife" in Patong is about 25 minutes drive.

I like both areas - live near Surin - vacation at Khao Lak!
Old Apr 11, 2006, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
I was in Khao Lak (day trip) last May and it seemed lacking a lot of choices of things to do, however the beaches were great. It's a year later and the rebuilding I am sure has been started, and has a different feel.

Stayed at Pimilai on that trip also (had driven from Krabi airport down to Lanta, then back up and around to Phuket) and it was a nice property, but the rooms seemed a bit tired for the prices they were asking (and that was low season). It's pretty far south, but just before the road gets really rough -- so not a bad ride/drive.

Enjoy..
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:31 am

Island Hopping

How about Island Hopping?

http://andaman-island-hopping.com/overviewcentral.htm

I stayed at Twin Lotus in Koh Lanta last month and took a boat tour to "Four Islands.", Ko Ngai, Ko Mah Ko Cheuk, Ko Mook.

I had only one day tour but some people who were same on the boat enjoy staying beautiful island.

Next time, I will hop.

NARITA
Old Apr 19, 2006, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice...has anyone stayed at the Zeavola?
Old Apr 19, 2006, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA Global Services / Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador / Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by tmarc
Thanks for the advice...has anyone stayed at the Zeavola?
Try tripadvisor.com and search for Zeavola - I think you'll find a bunch of Zeavola reviews, pictures as well as information in the relevant review listings and forums. I've noticed it come up a good deal since I've been doing a lot of searching on Krabi, Khao Lak, etc. as of late. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.