Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intra-Vietnam Air Travel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2006, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Paladin
hey - thanks for all the tips. Pricing those intra-vietnam flights while here in the states also got me scared. Its good to know that we can buy good walkup fare while in the country.
One thing to keep in mind -- unless you go to an official airline office, travel agents will charge a small booking fee as well as a few % if you want to use a credit card. Its still a very cash driven place.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Don in LA
I cant imagine a plane ticket from Hanoi to Danang is going to be much cheaper than $45,
It might be too late, but for future reference... we paid ~$34 each segment, HAN-DAD, and DAD-SGN. The key is to buy it at a VN ATO... their standard gov't-set prices are even posted on the wall (pretty permanently, I might add).

OT - I'm booked (on award travel) NRT-SGN on VN's 777 in Y.... anyone have experience with this route? I'm thinking I should pack a lunch.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by IceTrojan

OT - I'm booked (on award travel) NRT-SGN on VN's 777 in Y.... anyone have experience with this route? I'm thinking I should pack a lunch.
I flew that bird on my first trip in January. Flight, service, and food were fine.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 8:28 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
C is not much more for SGN-HAN route and we always try to get on 777 rather than A321. 777's belly cam is great to view take off and landing.

When I sat in 777's Y 2 years ago, they had E++ pitch in towards the front of Y cabin.....it was very nice.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
It might be too late, but for future reference... we paid ~$34 each segment, HAN-DAD, and DAD-SGN. The key is to buy it at a VN ATO... their standard gov't-set prices are even posted on the wall (pretty permanently, I might add).
Do you remember the location? I seem to recall reading about an office near the Caravelle. I'm going back this week and paid quite a bit more from a local TA last time. TIA.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA PE, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tod E Tosser
Do you remember the location? I seem to recall reading about an office near the Caravelle. I'm going back this week and paid quite a bit more from a local TA last time. TIA.
The main Vietnam Airlines office is in front of the Caravelle hotel across the little park with the uncle Ho statue. It is at the corner. It is quite large with a sign so you can't miss it.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by aaac
The main Vietnam Airlines office is in front of the Caravelle hotel across the little park with the uncle Ho statue. It is at the corner. It is quite large with a sign so you can't miss it.
Great. Cam on rat nhieu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.