Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Year in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2005, 2:17 am
Original Poster

New Year in Bangkok

We will be arriving in BKK on December 30th evening. Does anybody have suggestion what to do on New Year's Eve?

We will be staying at the Novotel Siam Square and it will be our 1st time there.

Any information will be appreciated. Thanks
Old Dec 11, 2005, 7:23 am

Too bad you won't be staying by the river, all the hotels put on amazing fireworks displays you can even watch from your room or balcony.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 9:47 am

Programs: Skyclub lifetime, Priority Pass, HH Gold.
Actually Novotel is the perfect spot. That's where the big party is around there on the street. In front of the old WTC, right near there.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, so we will see what it will be..
Old Dec 12, 2005, 1:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Thai ROP Gold, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
NWA kid is correct - the largest single New Year's Eve event is focused around Central World Plaza (what used to be called the World Trade Center). There will be tons of music, drinking, and dancing in the streets. They'll also have a large fireworks show as well at midnight.

Last year the event was cancelled because of the Tsunami, but they're expecting a huge turnout this year. I'll be there with several friends as well!

Enjoy!
Old Dec 12, 2005, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chacker
NWA kid is correct - the largest single New Year's Eve event is focused around Central World Plaza (what used to be called the World Trade Center). There will be tons of music, drinking, and dancing in the streets. They'll also have a large fireworks show as well at midnight.

Last year the event was cancelled because of the Tsunami, but they're expecting a huge turnout this year. I'll be there with several friends as well!

Enjoy!
Thank you...

Do you think it will be safe, to take my six year old one out to the streets with us? Or should I leave him in the hotel with the babysitter?

Last edited by turkish mom; Dec 12, 2005 at 2:25 am
Old Dec 12, 2005, 5:53 am

Programs: Skyclub lifetime, Priority Pass, HH Gold.
I think take him out with you. But just beware if the crowd is too heavy, as I think it will be packed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.