Manila to Clark

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Manila to Clark

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2005, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Life Time Gold, AA Exec Plat, UA Premier Platinum, *A Gold, SPG Gold
Manila to Clark

What is the best way to get there? Average cost?

Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:15 pm

Doesn't AirAsia have their own shuttle service from Megamall? It costs PHP300 or so
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Details here: http://www.airasia.com/english.php?f=service&p=clark
Old Nov 16, 2005, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Life Time Gold, AA Exec Plat, UA Premier Platinum, *A Gold, SPG Gold
How about a Taxi?

Originally Posted by christep
The departure times for the bus aren't the most convenient for our flight. Are there other options? Is there a car for hire service or taxi and how much would that cost?
Old Nov 16, 2005, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

How about a Taxi?

And is this a safe option?

Last edited by agentangel; Nov 16, 2005 at 3:13 pm
Old Nov 16, 2005, 9:13 pm

If you're travelling as a small group, you could charter a van. Those range from PHP1500-2500 or more. These are pretty informal arrangements. I'll try to look for a couple of companies, if this is the option you want.

You could probably get the same deal by dragooning a taxi. If you want to take a taxi, it would be a challenge to find one that would actually agree to go to Clark, and then theres the haggling, because its even more difficult to find a taxi that's willing to use a meter for a journey that long. Taxis should be safe, but its SOP for you to send an SMS containing the taxi's plate number and the driver's name as it appears on his ID to someone you know.

Or, you could just take a Victory Liner bus from Cubao to Clark. From the Cubao bus terminal, it'll cost you around PHP100 or less to Dau, near Clark. Buses leave every hour. The only disadvantage here is that from Dau, you'll have to take a tricycle to the airport (I'm not so sure if they have proper taxis in the area yet). Not advisable if you're carrying a lot of luggage.)

Hope that helps
Old Nov 16, 2005, 9:42 pm
Suspended

This is not a recommendation (I have never used them), but a quick Google throws up this option:
http://www.beelinetravel.com/taxi_index.htm

agentangel, I'd be interested to hear feedback on what you do since I will be needing to get between NAIA (Manila Airport) and the Clark area a few times in the next year or two.

Last edited by christep; Nov 16, 2005 at 9:46 pm
Old Nov 18, 2005, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

how do you say guinnea pig in tagalog?

This is not a recommendation (I have never used them), but a quick Google throws up this option:

agentangel, I'd be interested to hear feedback on what you do since I will be needing to get between NAIA (Manila Airport) and the Clark area a few times in the next year or two.
sure, i'll let you know.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 9:59 am

Anything new on this please ?

I am bumping this thread hoping for updated information on this subject.

The AirAsia page giving information on the Manila to Clark shuttle has an * under the schedule which says "Vaild for travel from 7 Nov to 31 Dec 2005 only".

Does this mean that the shuttle service is no longer in operation ?

Or does it mean that the schedule may have changed and they haven't updated the information ?

Do you have to be flying AirAsia (ie. do you need to show a plane ticket) to use their shuttle ?

Would greatly appreciate any replies with recent experience on the AirAsia shuttle.

Last edited by thebobmc; Feb 11, 2006 at 1:35 pm Reason: New question
Old Feb 20, 2006, 7:11 am
Suspended

Slightly related, so I'll link it here... I have just written a simple trip report on the CR Airways HKG-CRK-HKG flight, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...82#post5345482
Old Feb 25, 2006, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Plat, SwissBel Gold
Flight from MNL to Angles City

ther eare a few charter services...get hold of a filipino run travel agent and they'll know. Sorry I forget.. but you cna get a flight!
Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:39 pm
Suspended

Well I have now used them twice for trips from the Angeles/Dau/Magalang area to NAIA and I have no complaints. The drivers have been friendly and competent drivers, and have arrived on time (in fact, about 15 minutes early in both cases, but they were happy to wait). The cars have been perfectly adequate, although being small-ish Toyotas they would be a tight fit for a group containing more than one person over, say, 5'9". The price is as advertised: PHP2400 inc tolls from the Angeles or somewhere adjacent to the expressway, a little more from further out (e.g. PHP 2800 from Magalang).
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Bumping an old thread looking for current/recent experiences and thoughts.

I've got a CRK-PVG flight booked for Jan 25 at 03:40. There are a number of options for getting to CRK for this flight, but I'm currently looking at catching a JAL flight from NRT to MNL on the 24th, getting in at 22:15. 5.5 hours or so seems like it should be a "doable" connection, but if anyone has any answers to the following questions, I'd appreciate it.
  • Likelihood of getting a taxi/uber from MNL to CRK at around midnight? I feel like it's probably too short to be comfortable on a bus, and have doubts about late-night bus schedules.
  • Aside from taxi/uber, any reasonably-priced options for a pre-arranged car/driver between MNL and CRK would be most welcome. Beeline (mentioned above) does not seem to be active anymore.
  • I assume traffic won't be much of an issue at this hour, so somewhere between an hour and 90 minutes of drive time is likely?
Any insights anyone can share would be appreciated -- trying to decide whether to do this routing from NRT to MNL, or go with a plan to get into HKG the day before, and catch Cebu from HKG to CRK.

Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:45 am

Stating the obvious here I suppose, but that CRK-PVG flight is more valuable to you than just dropping it and going NRT-PVG?

I'd say 90 - 120 minutes is more likely than 60. But it's been awhile since I've been to CRK. I'd look for a private driver over Uber or Taxi. My old driver is now out of the country awhile, so no one to recommend. But if no one here chimes in you might try the scuba forums like scubaboard and the tripadvisor forums, they usually have some driver discussion. Uber/Grab or a Taxi would work I suppose, but a long trip at midnight into the province is not something I'd want to take in Manila without knowing the driver or having him recommended, even being fluent in Tagalog and having lived there for 3 years. Just me though maybe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.