Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Three days in Beijing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2005, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Three days in Beijing

Will be travelling from HK to Beijing for a long weekend at the end of October. This is my first trip there so was after some tips on the most enjoyable things to do in 3 days.

Last edited by lalusz; Oct 9, 2005 at 5:51 pm
Old Oct 9, 2005, 9:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

do a search
try to make it to fragrent hills ( 香山 )
Old Oct 9, 2005, 9:48 pm

Programs: PPS Club
hi

Beijing is more a historical city with many ancient sites and monuments. IMO, u should:-

*Visit the Forbidden City/National Musuem/TianAnMen Square (1 day)
*See and climb the Great Wall
*Night trip to Wang Fu Jing for its night market and beer cafes
*Go to Sanlitun area at night for beer garden (it is near TianAn Men area)

one man's meat is another man's poison. i would recommend the above. a mix of sight seeing and modern living.

cheers!

Originally Posted by lalusz
Will be travelling from HK to Beijing for a long weekend at the end of October. This is my first trip there so was after some tips on the most enjoyable things to do in 3 days.
Old Oct 9, 2005, 9:51 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Beijing

Originally Posted by lalusz
I really enjoyed Beihai Park. It is more of place where residents, rather than tourist go. Big lake with paddle boats, locals practicing opera or calligraphy. Long strolls through garden paths.

Of course if you haven't seen the Forbidden City, that should be choice #1.

If you like shopping with three floor of clothing, trinkets, and jewerly, then go to the "Silk Market". (More modern goods than silk, but has every cheap you'll want to buy.)

Bowgie
Old Oct 9, 2005, 9:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lowwol
*Go to Sanlitun area at night for beer garden (it is near TianAn Men area)
you'd better check your map.

bowgie: beihai park is one of my favorite spots as well, though i have to take issue on the "tourists don't know about it," bit.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the tips. A good blend of sightseeing and local activities for such a short time that I have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.