Travel to Myanmar

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:56 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Original Poster
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Travel to Myanmar

Hello,

I am studying in Tokyo until December and I would like to know if there are any package tours offered to go to Myanmar in the early/middle part of December. I have not come across any offered by the dominant travel agencies here, but I have found an airfare of US$530 to get to Yangon (although I also would like to get to Bagan).

Please advise if you know of an alternate route, or if I should look into buying the Bangkok air pass to get to Luang Prabang and Myanmar. Is it possible to buy the airpasses online, or must I go to a travel agency to do so? Thank you.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 12:08 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
I guess I'm not clear about your proposed itinerary. You want to go from Japan to both Myanmar and Laos. How many days in all and at each place?

Bangkok is a good gateway to both Yangon and Luang Prabang, as you suggest, but you would probably have to backtrack to Bangkok going from, say, Luang Prabang to Yangon. I suppose you might be able to travel through Vientiane, but Lao Aviation is somewhat, ahem, unreliable.

A tour of Luang Prabang isn't really necessary since travel services there are very well developed (and there are only about 5 things to see anyway). A tour of Myanmar including transport to Bagan might be worthwhile since it's a pain to arrange travel internally and the limited seats on internal air are often booked up.
Rich
Old Sep 25, 2005, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi, I was just in Myanmar and I used myanmartravel.net as my agency. Everything was set up for our 8 day freeplan stay. Had the hotels/transfers/internal flights/and visa on arrival arranged by them. Very professional and trustworthy.
PM if you want further info......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.