Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

BKK - Left Baggage Facilities - Experience?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2003, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

According to the airport website, there are facilities for left baggage in the International terminals. Any comments good or bad? We would like to store some goods purchased in Bangkok while we jet off to Hanoi for a couple of weeks. Are there any other alternatives?
Old Feb 12, 2003, 2:27 pm

The facilities at the airport are fine. There is one on the left side (facing the counters from the entrance) of the departure level of both terminals.

I've left luggage there a number of times, not wanting to carry winter clothing in Thailand. Nothing was ever pilfered, even though the staff is not especially friendly.

Rates are reasonable. At some point last year, suitcases were x-rayed before being accepted, but not as of 12/02.

If storing luggage for an extended period, you may want to leave it at your Bangkok hotel, provided you will be staying at the same one before and after your trip to Hanoi.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 9:20 pm

Plan B?

Anyone had to activate plan "B" at the left luggage facilities in BKK?

I've lost the receipt they gave me... Dumb...

I'm arriving at BKK airport later on today. My original baggage tags are on the bags, and I'm 99% sure they typed my passport number into their system as well.

So over the last few days either (i) someone has found the receipt, gone to BKK airport and somehow managed to extract my bags without showing a passport or (ii) they are still there. Let's assume the latter, most likely, I think.

How much grief do you think they will give me to get them back? If they are willing to look for the bags, then it should be easy to prove they are mine. Getting them to agree to look might be the hard part.

Regards, John
Old Dec 11, 2007, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by Kata Boat
How much grief do you think they will give me to get them back? If they are willing to look for the bags, then it should be easy to prove they are mine. Getting them to agree to look might be the hard part.
I doubt you're the first one in this predicament, that's why they asked your for your passport number in the first place. If they can match the number, it shouldn't be a problem at all -- if they can't, then things may get hairy.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
Checked my bad there a couple weeks bag during an extended layover... they input the passport number on check in, and verified on checkout... even with the tag they gave me.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 2:32 pm

Everything worked out fine

Staff were extremely professional and courteous. Took passport number, worked out what the tag numbers were, got the bags. In and out within 15 minutes. It was dumb of me to lose the tags, but very gratifying to see that their whole system didn't fall apart because of one idiot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.