Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

What has changed in Kuala Lumpur in the past year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What has changed in Kuala Lumpur in the past year?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2024, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by nov11
In terms of sightseeing, sites such as the KL Eco Forest Park and the Merdeka 118 Tower provide novel experiences that are well worth discovering. Have fun returning to Kuala Lumpur!

Merdeka 118 is not open to public yet (still under construction especially on the interiors). But the exterior of it looks done. The most recent mall opening would be The Exchange at TRX 106.
I'm only aware of PH being located within the Merdeka 118. Is there anything else for tourists? Will there be a mall as well?
seavisionburma likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm only aware of PH being located within the Merdeka 118. Is there anything else for tourists? Will there be a mall as well?
Yes but the mall won't be ready until 2026 I'd imagine. No tenants has been announced by the mall yet unlike The Exchange which kept teasing the public with tenants before it opened.
seavisionburma and lsquare like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by nov11
In terms of sightseeing, sites such as the KL Eco Forest Park ... provide novel experiences that are well worth discovering.
I would not recommend any foreign tourist pay for KL Forest Eco Park. The price for foreigners without MyKad is laughably high. They pay RM40 to spend 15 minutes getting bit by mosquitoes on a rickety bridge while listening to heavy traffic 100m away on Jln Raja Chulan. It's insulting to tourists, and embarrassing to Malaysia to be price gouging like that.

Better go for a walk in Bukit Gasing for free. You'll see much more and you actually feel like you're in a jungle.

Or compare to the KL Bird Park which is about the same price but is actually a top-tier attraction.
lsquare and aphro like this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:23 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by pennywern
I would not recommend any foreign tourist pay for KL Forest Eco Park. The price for foreigners without MyKad is laughably high. .
I didn't say that. It was the poster before me and I accidental deleted the [QUOTE=...] part. My apologies. But yes, I wouldn't recommend the KL Forest Eco Park as well. It used to be free IIRC. Even KL Tower is really expensive for a non MyKAD holder. The price for the observatory (indoor) deck and the outdoor deck is substantial.

I used to bring friends to the KL Helibar (helipad during the day and bar at night). Used to require to buy one drink to enter the helipad area (which was fine). Then they began to charge RM50 per entry which includes a drink (still fine but way less people before the 1 drink policy). Now they want to charge RM100 (and I want to say it includes 2 drinks, I am not positive) per entry and now it's empty. Perhaps they should know that there are dozen of other rooftop bars around the city that doesn't require guests paying RM100.
pennywern likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.