Wiki Posts
Search

Mask Wearing Still a Thing in Vietnam?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2022, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: US, CO, Marriott
Mask Wearing Still a Thing in Vietnam?

Considering traveling there in February, but concerned the whole experience will be tarnished if masks are obligatory or common.

China opening up compounds matters, because I am sure the region will explode with covid soon afterwards.

Not personally concerned about catching it, just dont want to see myself fully masked and seeing other this way for 10 days.

Z
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by Zanotti
Considering traveling there in February, but concerned the whole experience will be tarnished if masks are obligatory or common.

China opening up compounds matters, because I am sure the region will explode with covid soon afterwards.

Not personally concerned about catching it, just dont want to see myself fully masked and seeing other this way for 10 days.

Z
Not obligatory but in some flights it is. Lots of westerners without masks and lot with it too as a respect for the local people who wear it. Almost all Asians wear it and one would feel odd and not respecting them if you do not wear it. I certainly felt so and wore it like the majority of the people.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 3:39 pm
Community Director Emerita

We returned from Vietnam less than 2 weeks ago.

Required on flights.

Required at airports.

Didn't see any requirement on the train we took.

Wasn't required at any hotels of guests but some hotels required it of their employees. Both Hyatt Da Nang and Park Hyatt Saigon required it of their staff.

Maybe it's a function of where we were but I did not see a lot of people wearing them.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 4:43 pm

I was just at Park Hyatt Saigon and IC Saigon as well. The staff all wear mask but it is up to the guest to decide. Depending on my mood, I wear one from time to time and also it might make sense to wear one because the air is kind of bad and people are smoking as well. You will have to wear a mask on the plane.
LETTERBOY and Davvidd like this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 8:07 pm

If seeing others wearing masks let alone wearing one yourself will really put a damper on travelling there then it's best to avoid Asia all together.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 7:44 pm

You are just forced to wear masks at a few places!
Old Jan 2, 2023, 12:32 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Zanotti
Probably a good idea to stay out of Asia couple of years until things settle down.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:39 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by invisible
Probably a good idea to stay out of Asia couple of years until things settle down.
If they ever settle down.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by invisible
No one is forced to wear a mask in public but a lot of Asians do wear it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.