Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bali PeduliLindungi App

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2022, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Bali PeduliLindungi App

I am traveling to Bali with my spouse in 2 weeks. I have downloaded this app per regulations I found online to submit vaccination status. I uploaded my vaccination card but the status hasn’t changed to approved or done anything for over a week. Haven’t done my wife yet but going to do it asap. Is this an issue with the app, does anyone have experience?
Old Dec 6, 2022, 5:31 pm

I've been in Jakarta and Bali for the last two weeks (non-Indonesian). Locals in both places have had to scan/show the QR code in select places such as nice malls/the airport, but as a foreigner, I've only had to whip out the tangible vaccine card. You can just show whatever proof you have from your country, and that's good enough.

No one asked to see PeduliLindungi upon arrival, but there was a separate counter for someone to check the proof of vaccine.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much this puts my mind at ease.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by LowRoller
I am traveling to Bali with my spouse in 2 weeks. I have downloaded this app per regulations I found online to submit vaccination status. I uploaded my vaccination card but the status hasn’t changed to approved or done anything for over a week. Haven’t done my wife yet but going to do it asap. Is this an issue with the app, does anyone have experience?
Nobody has shown even the remotest interest in the PL app. I dutifully downloaded it for my first post-lockdown visit, but it never worked and nobody cared: it hasn't been mentioned once.

i have another app (from the UK NHS) confirming my vaccine status. The information was recorded as part of the airport arrival process. I generally get waived through checkpoints for malls etc, but i've got the NHS app ready to show them.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: EK, TK
Originally Posted by LowRoller
It took 5-7 working days to submit non-Indonesian vaccination for the PeduliLindungi app in my experience when submitting my Swiss COVID Certificate for the vaccination

In my experience, if you landed in Indonesian airport, you need to scan the barcode with PeduliLindungi app after you leave the plane before immigration (I don't know the procedure in Bali, but this is the procedure in Jakarta). If you had green status, you can proceed into immigration and baggage claim. If you had red status, you need to verify to the Airport Health Authority (Kantor Kesehatan Pelabuhan in Indonesian language) officer directly before immigration.

Originally Posted by FindingFoodFluency
I've been in Jakarta and Bali for the last two weeks (non-Indonesian). Locals in both places have had to scan/show the QR code in select places such as nice malls/the airport, but as a foreigner, I've only had to whip out the tangible vaccine card. You can just show whatever proof you have from your country, and that's good enough.

No one asked to see PeduliLindungi upon arrival, but there was a separate counter for someone to check the proof of vaccine.
As long as you are not taking intercity train in Indonesia, you are safe (I'm assume not because Bali doesn't have any intercity/long distance train here, but in Java they have). If you must take an intercity train in Indonesia (For example like going to Yogyakarta from somewhere or nearby station near ferry port to Bali), please be prepare to show your foreign vaccination status because their manifest system was connected to PeduliLindungi server if needed (Because i almost denied enter the train because of some glitch in PeduliLindungi server that detecting me is still unvaccinated (But i already submitted it two weeks before fly into Jakarta), after i showed my vaccination status on Swiss COVID Certificate app, the officer let me enter the train).
Old Dec 7, 2022, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by adr.baskoro
It took 5-7 working days to submit non-Indonesian vaccination for the PeduliLindungi app in my experience when submitting my Swiss COVID Certificate for the vaccination

In my experience, if you landed in Indonesian airport, you need to scan the barcode with PeduliLindungi app after you leave the plane before immigration (I don't know the procedure in Bali, but this is the procedure in Jakarta). If you had green status, you can proceed into immigration and baggage claim. If you had red status, you need to verify to the Airport Health Authority (Kantor Kesehatan Pelabuhan in Indonesian language) officer directly before immigration.

As long as you are not taking intercity train in Indonesia, you are safe (I'm assume not because Bali doesn't have any intercity/long distance train here, but in Java they have). If you must take an intercity train in Indonesia (For example like going to Yogyakarta from somewhere or nearby station near ferry port to Bali), please be prepare to show your foreign vaccination status because their manifest system was connected to PeduliLindungi server if needed (Because i almost denied enter the train because of some glitch in PeduliLindungi server that detecting me is still unvaccinated (But i already submitted it two weeks before fly into Jakarta), after i showed my vaccination status on Swiss COVID Certificate app, the officer let me enter the train).
I'm not sure when you flew to Indonesia.

Two weeks ago at Jakarta CGK, no one bothered me for PeduliLindungi, although there was certainly a check for the vaccine card.

Everywhere else -- including my domestic flight to Bali -- I just had to show my foreign proof of vaccine.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
We used our CDC cards in Bali in September. App never did work properly for my GF. Didn't matter at all.
LowRoller likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:25 pm

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
I travelled to Indonesia last May, submitted the vaccination paper to check online and it took only 2 months to get approved in app.
Needless to say A4 from EU was more than enough arriving at Manado.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 12:33 am

Programs: EK, TK
Originally Posted by FindingFoodFluency
I'm not sure when you flew to Indonesia.

Two weeks ago at Jakarta CGK, no one bothered me for PeduliLindungi, although there was certainly a check for the vaccine card.

Everywhere else -- including my domestic flight to Bali -- I just had to show my foreign proof of vaccine.
Maybe the situation is different because I flew on June 2022
Old Dec 8, 2022, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have no doubt you had a troubled time attempting to satisfy and activate the PL app. I think all of us did, and I think a lot of us just gave up. So i salute your perseverance.

I certainly gave up and suffered no ill consequences: nobody has asked to see it. My national vaccine app has been sufficient in any situation where a check was required.

That certainly does not reflect the current situation, and can only serve to alarm prospective visitors unnecessarily.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:15 am

I was just in Indonesia last week. It took a few weeks for my card to be accepted in the app. For my personal experience, the app was only used in upscale shopping malls in Jakarta, and not used at all in Bali. I arrived to Indonesia via Jakarta, so I don't know how it works if you arrive via Denpasar.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
I was just in Indonesia last week. It took a few weeks for my card to be accepted in the app. For my personal experience, the app was only used in upscale shopping malls in Jakarta, and not used at all in Bali. I arrived to Indonesia via Jakarta, so I don't know how it works if you arrive via Denpasar.
If you have the PL app, then in makes sense to offer it at check points and of course it will be accepted.

However, I do not have the app. Entry to malls, including the highest of high-end ones, was achieved through a simple wave through after offering documentation, or often enough simply a wave through.
Kacee and FindingFoodFluency like this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 4:08 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Quick question (slightly related) -- flying into Bali in about 10days. Are there any paper forms we need to fill in (arrival cards or similar) once we are in Bali? We will be arriving from KUL. Re vaccination cards, noted, we will just have the hardcopies with us (I also once tried to set up the PL app back in May and was not successful, but no one cared to ask for anything once in Jakarta).

I am asking about the entry forms, if needed, so as to avoid the possible lines once at immigration if one can pre-fill these forms online.

Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2022, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JFSV
Quick question (slightly related) -- flying into Bali in about 10days. Are there any paper forms we need to fill in (arrival cards or similar) once we are in Bali? We will be arriving from KUL. Re vaccination cards, noted, we will just have the hardcopies with us (I also once tried to set up the PL app back in May and was not successful, but no one cared to ask for anything once in Jakarta).

I am asking about the entry forms, if needed, so as to avoid the possible lines once at immigration if one can pre-fill these forms online.

Thanks!

Currently in Bali. All we had to do was fill out an electronic customs/immigration card by scanning a QR code. The exact process on arrival was, show vaccination card, pay for VOA, passport control, scan QR customs card.
JFSV and Lonedaddy like this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 7:43 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Indonesia - PeduliLindungi App

I just got an email from my airline telling me the PeduliLindungi app was required for entry to Indonesia.
When I checked Expert Flyer's Timatic, it tells me the same thing.

So I downloaded the app, registered my name/passport/phone #/ and email.
When I went to upload my vaccination certificate, it tells me this is not possible this week!!!

Some internet research tells me this app was not compulsary after Dec 31, 2022 - but
it still shows up in Timatic, and if the airline is emailing me to tell me it is required, I assume
they will want to see it on check-in.

Can anyone tell me what is going on with this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.