Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia to Fully Reopen Its Borders on 1 March

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2022, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Having used KUL as a airline transfer point and finding the Tune Hotel at KLIA2 acceptable for an overnight (clean and cheap), I discovered there was a FREE bus transfer between the two terminals (with the KLIA2 access within sight of the hotel). Albeit with a bus transfer required in one direction (which way I forget - it wasn't a big deal to walk from one bus to the one departing next at the transfer station)

Has this been restarted/Is it still running.

Some times I have fun finding cheap wandering
Fred
The bus is running. It's just not super frequent.

I just took the Klia ekpres. It's 2 RM, which is basically free.
seavisionburma and crackjack like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 2:36 am

Klia to klia2

I had a 7 hour connection on separate PNRs that just got cancelled and rebooked to a 5 hour connection. Landing in KLIA on SQ and then going to KLIA2 for AirAsia. What are my chances? What's the fastest and easiest way from KLIA to KLIA2? Do you need cash for the bus?
Old May 12, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
The express train is likely the fastest. And easiest. Access is well signed.
I chose the bus since it did not require small amounts of Malaysian currency....
Finding the boarding location of the bus can be challenging. More so at KLIA than KLIA2.
But 5 hours should be plenty.

challenging options when wandering
Fred
crackjack likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TJ1989
I had a 7 hour connection on separate PNRs that just got cancelled and rebooked to a 5 hour connection. Landing in KLIA on SQ and then going to KLIA2 for AirAsia. What are my chances? What's the fastest and easiest way from KLIA to KLIA2? Do you need cash for the bus?
barring major issues, you should be fine. The fastest way is the train. It costs 2 RM, but you can use a credit card easily. The bus is free but slow and a tad bit hidden.

I just did the same thing, albeit in reverse. Quoted my own post below as it has timings of transit etc. T1 to t2, I reckon would be even faster.

Originally Posted by Antarius
Made it without incident. The flight was slightly late due to congestion at Changi. TR 472 Landed at 18:35.Arrived at the KLIA2 gate at 18:42.Disembarked 18:55.Reached Immigration 19:02.Baggage on belt (per screen) 19:02.Thru immigration 19:34.Got to klia ekpres : 19:45.Departed klia t2: 20:00.Reached klia t1: 20:04.Reached Check in at t1: 20:06.Checked in: 20:17.MH Golden lounge 20:28. Other than Immigration taking 30 minutes and being a zoo (some of the people appear to have not travelled ever and were fumbling with their phones, documents, going back and forth between the immigration officer and someone in line), the overall experience was fairly simple. Would prefer to avoid it in the future, but also would do it again if the math/times made sense. Thanks to all of you for the help!
seavisionburma likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 4:13 pm

Thank you
Antarius likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 12:31 pm

Is the Digi store at KLIA really open 24/7? I am landing at midnight on June 3 and would like to get a local SIM somehow.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by calmasahinducow;[url=tel:34295658
34295658[/url]]Is the Digi store at KLIA really open 24/7? I am landing at midnight on June 3 and would like to get a local SIM somehow.
It is open 24/7.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:18 pm

What's the easiest way to Bukit Bintang from KLIA? We are arriving 19:30 and planning to take a public transportation. Any recommendation for SIM(5 days) or poket wifi rental in KLIA?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: Life
Originally Posted by sunny75
What's the easiest way to Bukit Bintang from KLIA? We are arriving 19:30 and planning to take a public transportation. Any recommendation for SIM(5 days) or poket wifi rental in KLIA?
Just a budget limo from the counter near door 4 at arrivals exit. All tourist packs are similarly priced RM30 for 30GB data ( maxis digi celcom or u mobile). stay away from tune talk (mvno).
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 5:50 am

I registered with MySejatehra yesterday (arriving in Malaysia June 23) but cannot see any prompt asking me to upload digital vaccine proof?

Is MySafeTravel the same as MySejatehra with the same login? Because it does not recognise my app email address/password.

I would rather upload my digital vaccine proof to the website rather than the app, but is there a period of post-registration where they are verifying my account or something?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA, DL, TK
Originally Posted by A380 Flyer
I registered with MySejatehra yesterday (arriving in Malaysia June 23) but cannot see any prompt asking me to upload digital vaccine proof?

Is MySafeTravel the same as MySejatehra with the same login? Because it does not recognise my app email address/password.

I would rather upload my digital vaccine proof to the website rather than the app, but is there a period of post-registration where they are verifying my account or something?
Guidance is here: https://helpdesk.mysejahtera.malaysi...doses-overseas

I consistently saw a delay of several days for the details to appear in my profile, adding the initial 2 doses, then the first booster and finally the second booster.

Last edited by Gerbs; Jun 10, 2022 at 3:29 pm
Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
MySejahtera App

So I’m planning on flying to KUL on SQ out of LAX in a few days. I am fully vaccinated and have the blue travellers card on the MySJ app. My vaccination certificate has also been uploaded and verified on the My Safe Travels website. My vaccination status still shows as NOT VACCINATED on the MySJ app, however. For the life of me I don’t know how to fix that. I tried submitting the form on the MySJ app, but when I press the summit button, nothing happens.

Does it even matter anymore? Do you still need that vaccination status on the app? Is the blue travellers card all you need? I cannot get a straight answer on this, not can I find any good info online!
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by Morrissey
So I’m planning on flying to KUL on SQ out of LAX in a few days. I am fully vaccinated and have the blue travellers card on the MySJ app. My vaccination certificate has also been uploaded and verified on the My Safe Travels website. My vaccination status still shows as NOT VACCINATED on the MySJ app, however. For the life of me I don’t know how to fix that. I tried submitting the form on the MySJ app, but when I press the summit button, nothing happens.
Originally Posted by Morrissey

Does it even matter anymore? Do you still need that vaccination status on the app? Is the blue travellers card all you need? I cannot get a straight answer on this, not can I find any good info online!

I had the same problem and the check in agent tried to scroll down for my vaccination certificate. I explained this has been verified on MySafeTravel but not updated in the app. Just bring the printed the MySafeTravel page that says it’s verified government Covid certificate when you check in and there shouldn’t be an issue.

​​​​​​​
Gerbs likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pandies
I had the same problem and the check in agent tried to scroll down for my vaccination certificate. I explained this has been verified on MySafeTravel but not updated in the app. Just bring the printed the MySafeTravel page that says it’s verified government Covid certificate when you check in and there shouldn’t be an issue.
Well I just discovered the secret for success. When manually adding your vaccine info on the MySJ app, it works if you upload a copy of your SMART QR code (if you have one of course) instead of a copy of your physical vaccine cert. That did the trick, and my status changed to a yellow FULLY VACCINATED immediately on the app

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.