Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Anyone planning a trip to Bali in September-October?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN

Hi all,

US citizen here. I've noticed that Bali is opening their gates to int'l tourists come September 11th, 2020. I am interested in planning a trip (~2-3 days), but am holding back based on lack of information. I'm wondering if Americans will be included in their initial opening, as well as if a 14-day quarantine would be required (which would defeat the purpose of a short trip). Does anyone have any more info, or is anyone making any plans?

Safe travels!

brewdog11
Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:26 am

So far as I know, that's the local Bali government declaring the island open for international tourism, so hotels can accept foreign visitors, etc.

However, immigration policy is set not in Denpasar by the local government but in Jakarta by the central government. So apart from all the other issues travel to Bali this autumn might raise, I wouldn't even begin to think about it until Jakarta announces that foreign tourists can again enter Indonesia.
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd also be concerned that even if the country does open, USA will probably be on the "bad" list.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 1:17 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Open to tourism yes, anyway flying to/from Indonesia and even domestic (Bali including) requires to present at the airport a negative Covid19 PCR test. Domestically rapid tests are still accepted but it seems the government could change soon to PCR only due to low reliability of rapid test results.
I live in Indonesia and I really wanted to spend a long weekend in Bali mid of August but I will probably cancel my hotel booking as not worth the stress and effort of testing the whole family just for few days.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
We might go in August or September. My youngest really likes Bali. We had planned a trip in early June to central Java, that we had to cancel. We might do that too, if the hotels are fully open.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I have a September trip to Jakarta, Medan then Bali, and I'm hoping the airline cancels the long-haul part of the trip so that i'm off the hook.

My concern is the uncertainty of visas, tests, quarantine; there's also a likely a further quarantine requirement on return to the UK.
On top of all that there's a measure of unease about transmission rates in Indonesia.

All in all, enough uncertainty to warrant putting things off until there's a little more clarity.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I have a September trip to Jakarta, Medan then Bali, and I'm hoping the airline cancels the long-haul part of the trip so that i'm off the hook.

My concern is the uncertainty of visas, tests, quarantine; there's also a likely a further quarantine requirement on return to the UK.
On top of all that there's a measure of unease about transmission rates in Indonesia.

All in all, enough uncertainty to warrant putting things off until there's a little more clarity.
AFAIK VOA are still suspended and there isn't yet a precise schedule to reintroduce them, In addition for anyone entering, even carrying a negative PCR test still have 14 day self quarantine requirement. September is still one month ahead but considering the situation in the country I'm not so sure there will be relevant changes by then. Even for Bali the possible opening to international tourism is still a request from local authorities, not yet approved by central government.
I'm really looking forward visiting my family in Italy after such troubled months they had, but when I think going trough the ordeal of tests, quarantine risk at both countries I just give up and postpone again to a better period.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BobFF68
AFAIK VOA are still suspended and there isn't yet a precise schedule to reintroduce them, In addition for anyone entering, even carrying a negative PCR test still have 14 day self quarantine requirement. September is still one month ahead but considering the situation in the country I'm not so sure there will be relevant changes by then. Even for Bali the possible opening to international tourism is still a request from local authorities, not yet approved by central government.
I'm really looking forward visiting my family in Italy after such troubled months they had, but when I think going trough the ordeal of tests, quarantine risk at both countries I just give up and postpone again to a better period.
Are you currently a B plate or a D plate in Indonesia?
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Are you currently a B plate or a D plate in Indonesia?
D so far, almost 10 years now
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BobFF68
D so far, almost 10 years now
I hates me them B plates on the weekend. Can’t go anywhere. Only a little over 8 years for me.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I hates me them B plates on the weekend. Can’t go anywhere. Only a little over 8 years for me.
What a small world. Anyway, as luckily this is not Facebook , I may send you a private message instead
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 1:27 am

Programs: UA
Just got back from a short trip to Indonesia. I had a couple of domestic flights during the trip as well.
As long as you can enter the country with permitted visa, the whole testing result stuff is just a farce. Make sure your temperature is normal and carry your negative test result for your flight, you'll be OK. As a plus, a negative PCR or Rapid test is valid for 14 days, which pretty much defeats the purpose of testing.
Of course, the domestic flights are pretty packed now with no emptying of middle seat. Take that into consideration if you're worried about the virus.
Another downside is that flights can be cancelled last minute with no warning if there's not enough passengers. This is a usual occurrence in the past, but is now happening with way higher frequency due to lack of demand. With fewer flights on offer, a cancelled flight can really ruin your day.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Jokowi has overuled the hopeful plan of Bali's governor to re-open the island to foreign tourists. Looks like it will be end of the year before tourism starts. if then
Old Aug 15, 2020, 11:27 pm

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Not until 2021

The socials are all reporting no bali travel until 2021.

nothing official yet

jakarta needs to make VOA available before tourists can arrive.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adampenrith
The socials are all reporting no bali travel until 2021.

nothing official yet

jakarta needs to make VOA available before tourists can arrive.
Not quite true. Millions of domestic tourists can head there now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.