Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hanoi hotel - Dolce Hanoi

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2020, 6:50 am
Original Poster

New Hanoi hotel - Dolce Hanoi

This must be fitting for this forum, and no mention of it as I could see. Perhaps luxury, perhaps more special interest tacky?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nity-pool.html

Anyone planning on staying. If going back to Hanoi I could see myself stay there 1 night just to see how tacky it is. Surely must be on par with Dubai hotels?

It is listed as a 5*
Old Jul 5, 2020, 7:53 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
The photos on the link look absolutely horrid, and the article mentions a $250 price point ... so I imagine this hotel is all about its acres of glitzy gold plate ... with cheap furnishings underneath the plating. Once the plating wears off, the rooms and public spaces will look even more terrible than the photos.

The most important aspect of luxury (at least for me) is responsive service staff who interact with genuine warmth, NOT glitz.

Dolce Hanoi Golden Lake, from the photos, is an absolute turn-off, superficial faux-luxury.

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
This must be fitting for this forum, and no mention of it as I could see. Perhaps luxury, perhaps more special interest tacky?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nity-pool.html

Anyone planning on staying. If going back to Hanoi I could see myself stay there 1 night just to see how tacky it is. Surely must be on par with Dubai hotels?

It is listed as a 5*
Fly_IAD and Chessboxin like this.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DavidO
The photos on the link look absolutely horrid, and the article mentions a $250 price point ... so I imagine this hotel is all about its acres of glitzy gold plate ... with cheap furnishings underneath the plating. Once the plating wears off, the rooms and public spaces will look even more terrible than the photos.

The most important aspect of luxury (at least for me) is responsive service staff who interact with genuine warmth, NOT glitz.

Dolce Hanoi Golden Lake, from the photos, is an absolute turn-off, superficial faux-luxury.
:-) it was meant as a scare. Looks pretty horrid to me too. Not hitting Virtuoso any time soon then we don’t think ;-)?
DavidO and Chessboxin like this.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
For me it is too understated..... Not sure about Virtuoso, I can even imagine it joins.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 7:37 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Not a good fit for this forum. Please continue to follow in the FT Asia Forum.
Thanks,
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels and Travel
Old Jul 6, 2020, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
but it's in the Wyndham Hotels portfolio, right?

The group that brings us Super 8, Days Inn and Travelodge ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.