Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taiwan closed to all foreign visitors as of 19 Mar 2020

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2022, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yeah, as long as you have a neg RAT every two days during the self observation period, you're pretty much free to go anywhere (with some very limited exceptions). You can switch hotels. No one will even be checking on you. Just as a precaution, each time you take the RAT, write your name and the test time on it, and snap a photo to keep on your phone. Realistically, no one is going to ask you for it. But in case you get infected later, it might be good to have documentation that you weren't knowingly roaming around with COVID.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 11:18 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Does anyone know with the changes that are coming into place on after the 13/10, will B2B transits be permitted?
Old Oct 7, 2022, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by richh1833
Does anyone know with the changes that are coming into place on after the 13/10, will B2B transits be permitted?
I don’t know what a B2B transit is (back to back?), but basically starting Oct 13 all entry and departure restrictions are lifted, provided you have the necessary immigration documents. You can do an airside transit, a landslide transit, or an overnight transit with a stay in a regular hotel.
moondog and YariGuy like this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 7:45 pm
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
I don’t know what a B2B transit is (back to back?), but basically starting Oct 13 all entry and departure restrictions are lifted, provided you have the necessary immigration documents. You can do an airside transit, a landslide transit, or an overnight transit with a stay in a regular hotel.
Thanks! I guess my only concern whether there are documents that need to be brought along for check-in similar to HK where you'll be denied if you didn't have hotels booked or the sort.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
I don’t know what a B2B transit is
I think it's the opposite of a B2C transit.
moondog, Palal, ExpatExp and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Gold, BAEC, AMEX Plat
Arrived in Taiwan 2 weeks ago and here was my experience:

3 days quarantine
- Booked 4 nights in a quarantine hotel, however at midnight on the 4th night I took one of the antigen tests provided and left the property immediately after

4 days self initiated prevention
- From the moment I left the quarantine hotel onwards life was completely normal
- I spent 1 night at a friend's place, 3 nights at an Airbnb
- No contact with the authorities at all
moondog, ExpatExp and gudugan like this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 8:35 am
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by Bloxorus
Arrived in Taiwan 2 weeks ago and here was my experience:

3 days quarantine
- Booked 4 nights in a quarantine hotel, however at midnight on the 4th night I took one of the antigen tests provided and left the property immediately after

4 days self initiated prevention
- From the moment I left the quarantine hotel onwards life was completely normal
- I spent 1 night at a friend's place, 3 nights at an Airbnb
- No contact with the authorities at all
From this, one could glean that the “7” will soon be completely normal life, which means …completely normal…period?

Also, looking forward to any accounts starting October 13!
JNelson113 likes this.

Last edited by Weyland Yutani Corp; Oct 9, 2022 at 8:42 am
Old Oct 9, 2022, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Weyland Yutani Corp
Also, looking forward to any accounts starting October 13!
Me too! I have a long lay over (almost 9 hours) end of November. Looking to be able to get into the city to do some shopping and eating.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
I'm trying to get clarification on the one passenger, one room policy. I remember reading a provision that this didn't apply to those arriving together. Mrs. Majuki and I will be arriving at the end of December, and I was wondering if we'll be required to book two separate rooms? If so, we'd likely elect to stay with the in-laws immediately since they have sufficient space rather than paying for double hotels for a week.

I also recognize that things may change between now and 2.5 months from now, but assuming the current policies remain in force what would be the requirements?
Old Oct 9, 2022, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki
I'm trying to get clarification on the one passenger, one room policy. I remember reading a provision that this didn't apply to those arriving together. Mrs. Majuki and I will be arriving at the end of December, and I was wondering if we'll be required to book two separate rooms? If so, we'd likely elect to stay with the in-laws immediately since they have sufficient space rather than paying for double hotels for a week.

I also recognize that things may change between now and 2.5 months from now, but assuming the current policies remain in force what would be the requirements?
Assuming the upcoming 0+7 scheme would be in place then, passengers arriving on the same day can stay in one set of bedroom + bathroom. Although the “one-pax-one-bath” thing hasn’t really been enforced since the end of mandatory use of quarantine hotels (at least in Taipei).
Majuki, gudugan and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Assuming the upcoming 0+7 scheme would be in place then, passengers arriving on the same day can stay in one set of bedroom + bathroom.
Thanks for the clarification. And assuming 0+7 is the situation at the end of the year we're able to change hotels during that time? We were looking to get a hotel room for a couple of nights in Taipei before heading south.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Majuki
Thanks for the clarification. And assuming 0+7 is the situation at the end of the year we're able to change hotels during that time? We were looking to get a hotel room for a couple of nights in Taipei before heading south.
That's correct, as long as the hotels you stay all satisfy the "one-pax-one-bathroom" condition (the one-pax include you and all accompanying passengers arriving on the same day).
uanj, Majuki, gudugan and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 2:39 am

TW CDC made a website with more details instructions on the new regulations commencing October 13, 旅客來臺 COVID-19入境檢疫及醫療資訊網 (cdc.gov.tw). After 31 months of forcing passengers to go through all press releases and press conferences to understand quarantine requirements, it seems the officials there finally found their brain.

No English version yet, so here's the rules for each stage (comments in italic):

Pre-arrival
  • Those who tested positive in the past 7 days should not travel
  • Arrival form and TW SIM card are no longer needed
Arrival
  • Those who had symptoms in the past 14 days need to pass a PCR test at port of entry
  • Quarantine forms are no longer issued. No more quarantine compensation $
  • Pax > 2yo will receive 4 RATs to be used later
  • Pax without symptoms can take public transit; pax with symptoms (but passed the PCR test) need to take special transportation
Post-arrival
  • Must use one PAT on D0 or D1
  • Can stay in any location provided that "one-pax-one-bathroom" is satisfied. However, if the bathroom can be sanitized after each use, then the pax is not required to have their own bathroom
  • If there is co-habitant, mask must be worn when in the residence and cannot dine with the passengers
  • Passengers who are also in the "0+7" scheme are exempted from "one-pax-one-bathroom". Not clear if still requires same-day arrival
  • Can go out for any reason, but must have a negative PAT on the same or previous day
  • Mask must be worn at all times when going out. Only exception is when eating and drinking (i,e. mask required when exercising...etc). This is because sience teaches us that food and beverages block SARS-CoV-2 better than N95
  • Should refrain from visiting high-risk individuals (children, elderly, the immuno-compromised) and cannot visit healthcare facilities except for emergencies
If tested positive
  • If tested positive, must notify local health official. Can continue to stay in private residence if "one-pax-one-bath" is satisfied, otherwise will be moved to centralized quarantine
  • Co-habitants of those who tested positive will also enter 0+7 or 3+4
YariGuy, Majuki, LETTERBOY and 3 others like this.

Last edited by ithinkurdumb; Oct 10, 2022 at 2:45 am
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
This is because science teaches us that food and beverages block SARS-CoV-2 better than N95
Haha, I detected the sarcasm.
LETTERBOY and stmaus like this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 6:51 pm

The silence of this thread must be music to everyone's ear

A few further minor relaxations commenced today:
- HK and Macau residents may visit Taiwan for tourism as a group
- Tourist groups no longer require vaccination
- Visiting gyms, clubs, bars, and brothels no longer require vaccination

Last edited by ithinkurdumb; Nov 6, 2022 at 10:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.