Connecting in HKG / SIN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in HKG / SIN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Connecting in HKG / SIN

Hey guys,

If I was to connect in HKG or SIN (UK Passport)...

Say I fly LHR -> HKG -> MNL or LHR -> SIN -> MNL...

Would I get any sort of stamp in my passport?

I would not leave the airprot when in HKG or SIN
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:35 am

If you are transiting you should not get a stamp on your passport but keep in mind that I believe at least the Philippines I believe has restrictions on the entry of folks who are transiting HKG. This is a very fluid situation I would suggest you carefully research what the current entry restrictions are on countries you plan to visit and be ready for them to change at a moment's notice. Tough time to be travelling internationally these days. Good luck.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:59 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Lewis42
Hey guys,

If I was to connect in HKG or SIN (UK Passport)...

Say I fly LHR -> HKG -> MNL or LHR -> SIN -> MNL...

Would I get any sort of stamp in my passport?

I would not leave the airport when in HKG or SIN
If your not leaving the airport, then your considered an Air-side transit passenger and so wouldn't be clearing immigration. With regard to Passport stamping, HKG doesn't stamp arriving & departing passengers anyway. Singapore does stamp your passport only on arrivals though.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:49 am

To say for certain whether you have to go through immigration when transiting flights in HKG or Singapore we'd have to know more about the particular flights and airlines and maybe whether you have checked luggage.

HK doesn't stamp passports but you do get a small entry slip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.