Search

Any experience with gettransfer.com?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Any experience with gettransfer.com?

Hello

Did anyone try to use gettransfer.com in Asia? What was the experience?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by invisible
Hello

Did anyone try to use gettransfer.com in Asia? What was the experience?

Odd you ask that - I was about to use the service earlier today, but had a look at recent online reviews....

.... and changed my mind!

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/gettransfer.com

The model seems to be on the lines of Uber, but without its customer service ethos. They basically line up drivers (private motorists and taxi firms) to supply services to travellers. I'm not sure how validation of drivers' credentials and insurance work; and many of the complaints suggest the company washes its hands after matching motorist with passenger.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Yes, saw the same page, but wanted to check if one had first hand experience. OK. I'd rather stick with Klook then...

P.S. BTW one one sees such weird distribution of almost the same number of 5* and 1* reviews, without much in between, I'd be very careful in assessment of truthfulness of 5* reviews.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:51 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Was also contemplating trying it to on an upcoming trip. Rates seemed pretty good & they've even tied up with Srilankan Airlines and their Fly Smiles loyalty program.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by invisible
P.S. BTW one one sees such weird distribution of almost the same number of 5* and 1* reviews, without much in between, I'd be very careful in assessment of truthfulness of 5* reviews.
Yes, I noticed that: and that all the most recent reviews are very credibly presented complaints. I can cope with Uber or Grab not turning up, but the fear of a pre-paid service not arriving to get me to an early morning flight from an airport 50km away makes an additional $20 for a local taxi a reasonable proposition
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Yes, I noticed that: and that all the most recent reviews are very credibly presented complaints. I can cope with Uber or Grab not turning up, but the fear of a pre-paid service not arriving to get me to an early morning flight from an airport 50km away makes an additional $20 for a local taxi a reasonable proposition
Yep.

I am going to use Klook now for transfer and 10h hire. Will update afterwards.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 1:15 pm

Be very careful with GetTransfer.com

I booked a transfer with GetTransfer in Rhodes, Greece in August 2022.
The car did not come without any advance notice.
It was very difficult to find an alternative solution soon, and finally I could not visit an attraction which I was very much looking forward to.
I requested refund to my credit card, but GetTransfer only gives me a credit toward future transfer, which is according to their Terms & Conditions.
Such credit is useless for me. Who wants to use such an unreliable service again. I only ended up losing my money.
Please be careful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.