Reload this Page >

Overnight transfer at TPE?

Old Jan 18, 20, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: ua *s, kl se, asiana *g

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has experience of this. So arrive on Malaysian at 9pm into T1 and departing on JAL at 9am from T2. No checked bags, but two separate tickets.

Any thoughts on whether we can remain airside? Will there be a JAL transfer desk open that late if we need boarding passes issued? Any other pitfalls to be aware of?

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 23, 20, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by swiss Julie View Post
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has experience of this. So arrive on Malaysian at 9pm into T1 and departing on JAL at 9am from T2. No checked bags, but two separate tickets.

Any thoughts on whether we can remain airside? Will there be a JAL transfer desk open that late if we need boarding passes issued? Any other pitfalls to be aware of?

Thanks in advance
No direct experience with your situation, but until someone with more knowledge replies here are my thoughts.

I don't believe there is a JL flight that late, so likely no JL transfer desk open. But there are several options as you will need a boarding pass to remain airside. First, if JL allows online check-in since you have no bags, and you can print your boarding pass, that would solve it. Second, try to get the agents in KUL to check you in for the second flight on JL as well as the first on MH. Although separate tickets, being one world partners they might be able to help you. If the Malaysian agents can't/won't, maybe the JL desk there is open and can help but that's less likely imo.

TPE is ok to spend the night, done it a few times. I find the EVA end a bit nicer, and it's all connected, so you might find more comfortable space down there.

Last edited by maverick17; Jan 24, 20 at 9:56 am
Old Jan 24, 20, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Earth. Residency:HKG formerly:YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL, BKK, SGN, CPT, UIO
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
JL usually only issue intl boarding pass when they have verified travel document eligibility for the destination. Even if the other airline's GA wants to help you, JL would not let them do it.

CI at TPE would not be any use as they are Skyteam member.
Old Jan 24, 20, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by tentseller View Post
CI at TPE would not be any use as they are Skyteam member.
Not sure how I mixed that up so poorly. Removed from my post.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: