Wiki Posts
Search

Bringing CPAP machine into Vietnam

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Bringing CPAP machine into Vietnam

Hello:

I need to be on a CPAP machine and will travel to Hong Kong and Vietnam (Da Nang) for about 10 days.

I don't think I will have trouble at HKG airport when I go through security. It's DAD that I am worried about. I will travel in CX in J class, but I am not sure if this matters to the security guys.

Has anybody brought a CPAP machine in and out of Vietnam? What's your experience?

Thanks for your pointers.

Last edited by Barkinpark; Oct 4, 2019 at 12:44 pm
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: most of them
I doubt you'll have any trouble. I used to travel with one and never ran into any issues. Only at FRA was I required to have the machine swabbed and was asked to step into an office off to the side to do that. But no trouble anywhere else in the world
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by glennaa11
I doubt you'll have any trouble. I used to travel with one and never ran into any issues. Only at FRA was I required to have the machine swabbed and was asked to step into an office off to the side to do that. But no trouble anywhere else in the world
@glennaa11, thanks for your prompt reply. Did you go to VIetnam? If so, which airport?
My concern is that they may require me get an import/export license. I cannot find satisfactory answers in the internet.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Hello:

I need to be on a CPAP machine and will travel to Hong Kong and Vietnam (Da Nang) for about 10 days.

I don't think I will have trouble at HKG airport when I go through security. It's DAD that I am worried about. I will travel in CX in J class, but I am not sure if this matters to the security guys.

Has anybody brought a CPAP machine in and out of Vietnam? What's your experience?

Thanks for your pointers.
I have been to DAD twice and never had any issue with a CPAP - either on entry or on exit
Old Oct 4, 2019, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by puchong
I have been to DAD twice and never had any issue with a CPAP - either on entry or on exit
Thanks for the affirmative reply. Did you have to show a prescription? Did the security staff inspect your machine?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Security opened the case of my Z1, then zipped it back up and waved me through. This was exiting at HAN and SGN.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Thanks for the affirmative reply. Did you have to show a prescription? Did the security staff inspect your machine?
I keep a copy of my CPAP prescription in the pocket of my CPAP case along with purchase invoice, warranty info, and English instruction manual.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
I also have a medical tag on my case and ask them politely to use fresh gloves and a fresh swab when they inspect it
tentseller likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.