Wiki Posts
Search

4 nights in Da Nang or Hoi An

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
4 nights in Da Nang or Hoi An

Got a 4 night trip planned with my girlfriend to the Da Nang area. I went there 9 years ago but cannot remember much about either destination and also from what I can see, both cities have changed a lot since then. Flying into and out of DAD. In total we will have 3 full days.

Which place is best as a base? Ideally want somewhere relaxing and picturesque but with plenty to do in the evenings? We will likely visit local areas by motorbike.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:28 pm

In my opinion, it is definitely Hoian and you can do beach time there (An Bang beach).
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: AC P25
agree with above. if you want relaxing, head to hoi an. its an easy 30 minute drive, even by motor bike. or taxi down and rent from there. much smaller city, no modern skyscrapers, much more relaxing. and pretty. not that there's anything wrong with da nang, its just not as nice. beaches everywhere in both, the whole coast is a beach. lots of tourists around although I'm not sure how late things keep going if its nightlife you're after.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:07 am
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Originally Posted by pogonation
Got a 4 night trip planned with my girlfriend to the Da Nang area. I went there 9 years ago but cannot remember much about either destination and also from what I can see, both cities have changed a lot since then. Flying into and out of DAD. In total we will have 3 full days.

Which place is best as a base? Ideally want somewhere relaxing and picturesque but with plenty to do in the evenings? We will likely visit local areas by motorbike.
Hoi An, though it's packed with tourists during the day. Get a hotel south of Trần Hưng Đạo, east of 18 Tháng 8, west of Hoàng Diệu. I like Lantana and would stay there again, but would try for Vinh Hung 1 Heritage.

Avoid fancy foreigner restaurants. Eat at Miss Ly's (foreigners, but not fancy) or street stalls. Don't miss My Son if you haven't been or even if you have. Travelfish advice on Hoi An and Danang. Usual disclaimers.
--
Rich
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Hoi An. Get a room at homestay slightly away from the Old Town area so you have less street noise - won't cost more than $30/night. I found that Google Maps hotel reviews are more reliable than TripAdvisor with much less number of fake reviews.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Thank you everyone for the replies. Seems like the general consensus is Hoi An is the place to stay! I will make sure to check out My Son and Miss Ly.

I booked a hotel called La Residencia which seems to have good views. Agoda had a rate this weekend for £36/night inc breakfast which was much cheaper than all the other sites so I booked that.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by dinhoecotour
In my opinion, it is definitely Hoian and you can do beach time there (An Bang beach).
I agree. The beach resorts at Da Nang could be anywhere in the world. Stay in Hoi An and catch a cheap taxi to An Bang Beach. Careful of some of the restaurants there who try and scam you by saying you haven't paid or you paid with the wrong note and still owe them money. Had it happen to me and I hate cheaters so I sat there in his restaurant until he paid me the $1 he owed me. He thought I'd just suck it up and leave. Sorry no.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:49 pm

You should spend 1 day and night in Hoi An's hotel. The itinerary of Hoi An can combine with Cua Dai beach, Thanh Ha village.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.