Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Airside to Immigration at Taipei Taoyuan?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold

Hi all; I have a 7 hour layover coming up at Taoyuan airport. I was gonna head into the city for some shopping, but was hoping to shower at a lounge beforehand. Far as I’ve seen, the chance to head to immigration is after exiting the plane. Is there a way through from the departures level? If there’s any doubt I’ll just shop first and shower later.

(I really take walking back out of security for granted at US airports)
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Nope, you'll have to go back down to arrivals.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by AaaChiuuu
Nope, you'll have to go back down to arrivals.
Apologies for hijacking (bad word choice?) but I am also thinking about doing the same thing as the OP. I arrive in TPE at 1pm on a Sunday on a couple weeks at Terminal 1. Would it be possible to go to the Infinity, drop my luggage in the locker and then exit?

I am trying to maximize time in TPE so I'm worried about immigration wait times and I've read it can be bad at TPE for foreign passport holders. Any thoughts on how bad it would be at 1pm on a Sunday? My other thought is to dash off the plane try get through immigration as fast as possible then store my suitcase at the left luggage
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Nope.
No avenue to come back from departures level (where the lounges are) out to immigration.
You would need an emergency (medical or not), to go this way....
You can try it, but it would be a courtesy, not your right, to leave the transit zone. (from the Taiwan Immigration).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.