Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Da Nang/ Hue/ Hoi An: Time split and where to stay.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Da Nang/ Hue/ Hoi An: Time split and where to stay.

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 8:02 am
Original Poster

We'll wait until we are there then.

I found one company online asking for 50USD with pretty good, seemingly genuine, reviews on Tripadvisor. My hotel asked for 75USD.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by glennaa11
When I was there several years ago I did 2 nights Hue and 2 nights Hoi An and stopped in DaNang on the drive from Hue to Hoi An to see the Cham museum which was a nice break to the drive.

I liked Hue quite a bit. The imperial tombs are quite interesting and the citadel is big. Weather was not great for my time in Hoi An but it was worth spending a day walking around the town. I stayed at the old Art Deco hotel in Hue (can't recall the same off the top of my head) which was very nice.

la residence? We stayed there several yrs ago after it had been refurbished. Great views of the citadel and beautiful architecture. Hated Hoi An. Couldn't wait to leave. Agree on Cham museum as well. We also wanted to visit an army base where a relative had served called khe sanh which was a 3 hour drive from hue near the Laos border. It's certainly not for everyone but it was off the beaten path, beautiful scenery and some very interesting north Korean or Cuban built bridges.
glennaa11 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.