Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrival / Departure Fees Manila

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Arrival / Departure Fees Manila

Hey everyone! It's getting close to my vacation time! Never been to Asia before. Spending two weeks in The Philippines. Are arrival / departure "fees" included in my plane ticket cost or do I need to cough up cash at the airport? Finally, I've heard that I have to go elsewhere to meet my girlfriend at the airport because she can't pick up at arrivals but only departures? No clue what terminal I'm coming in to - buying next week.

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by comsecfor
Hey everyone! It's getting close to my vacation time! Never been to Asia before. Spending two weeks in The Philippines. Are arrival / departure "fees" included in my plane ticket cost or do I need to cough up cash at the airport? Finally, I've heard that I have to go elsewhere to meet my girlfriend at the airport because she can't pick up at arrivals but only departures? No clue what terminal I'm coming in to - buying next week.

Thanks!
After years and years of having to pay at the airport I think they finally got it included in the ticket about 3 years ago. I used to go quite a bit but haven't been since Duterte came to power. MNL airport has always been a real dumpster fire and they also have to be very security-conscious, i.e. don't even let non-pax in the terminal. So, unless things have changed radically, there will be the baggage claim, taxi area, and then a designated area outside for all the family-members and what not. It's important to get the terminal right and communicate that.

Am sure this doesn't apply in your situation, but girls over there are known to like to go meet guys at the airport (e.g. if they know each other only from the Internet), so they can keep them under their watchful eye the entire time.
Jaimito Cartero and comsecfor like this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by RustyC
After years and years of having to pay at the airport I think they finally got it included in the ticket about 3 years ago. I used to go quite a bit but haven't been since Duterte came to power. MNL airport has always been a real dumpster fire and they also have to be very security-conscious, i.e. don't even let non-pax in the terminal. So, unless things have changed radically, there will be the baggage claim, taxi area, and then a designated area outside for all the family-members and what not. It's important to get the terminal right and communicate that.

Am sure this doesn't apply in your situation, but girls over there are known to like to go meet guys at the airport (e.g. if they know each other only from the Internet), so they can keep them under their watchful eye the entire time.
Correct on all counts.
Duterte or not, NAIA will be NAIA and Philippines will be the Philippines.

Been there, seen it all. Must be the MAGNETIC personalities of the incoming guys?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
My experience is that the MNL departure tax is collected in advance (as part of the ticketing cost) by most airlines. But NOT all. You should inquire or study the accounting that comes with the ticket.
And +1 that MNL is a dumpster fire of an airport. God save the person who has to change airlines there. You have to use the traffic packed ring road that circumnavigates the airport to go from one terminal to another. And the Philippines Airlines terminal is a sorry, sorry thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.