Wiki Posts
Search

Layover Hotel in Hulhumale MLE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A few here and there
Layover Hotel in Hulhumale MLE

Sorry if this is a hopeless repost but I didn't see anything when searching the forum. I'm laying over in MLE for 24 hours and need a good transit hotel. Probably going to stay on Hulhumale as I get in late and leave late. I'm not expecting amazing, just clean and solid.

Thanks,
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
There seem to be lots of decent options in Hulhumale, where the hotel provides airport transfer. I would just use a booking site like hotels.com and look at the its reviews and also Tripadvisor reviews just to get an idea.

I did a trip to Maldives in Jan 2018 and spent 1 day and night in Male on the return. I really wanted to stay in Hulhumale and found several decent options on hotels.com. However, my travel buddies insisted that we go in to Male, which was a bad idea. I only had one small piece of luggage, where as they had several each. The ferry from MLE to Male was pretty crowded, and it was a real pain for them to get all their luggage on and off the ferry. I would rather have stayed in Hulhumale and done a day trip to Male just to check it out.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: United, AA, BA, UR
Maakanaa Lodgeis where I stayed- it was a bit more than other cheaper hotels BUT they provide transport to the airport both ways...it's also very clean..owners are very nice. They can help out with day trips etc. I also stayed 24 hours.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Drunkmuppet
Sorry if this is a hopeless repost but I didn't see anything when searching the forum. I'm laying over in MLE for 24 hours and need a good transit hotel. Probably going to stay on Hulhumale as I get in late and leave late. I'm not expecting amazing, just clean and solid.

Thanks,
There are quite a few options for an overnight at Hulhumale. I've stayed on a few occasions at a place called UI Inn. UI Hotels
Was pretty decent for an overnight stay. The beach is a stone's throw away from the hotel.

There's another called H78. This place was just completed on my last run there and seems fancier. http://www.hotel78maldives.com

All the hotels on Hulhumale are about a 10 min car ride to the airport and most of them offer airport transfers for a fee.

If your looking at something a bit more upmarket, which is literally walking distance from the airport, then you could consider the The Hulhule Island Hotel. This is always pretty expensive though.

There are quite a few options in Male City, but i prefer staying in hulhumale.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
We stayed in Hulhumale as well. Just a few short steps from a nice beach, cheap-ish restaurants. We were very satisfied and would not hesitate for even a minute to do that again. The worst part was catching the bus from the airport to the city (crowded)!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
We stayed in Hulhumale as well. Just a few short steps from a nice beach, cheap-ish restaurants. We were very satisfied and would not hesitate for even a minute to do that again. The worst part was catching the bus from the airport to the city (crowded)!
Always ask the Hotel you are staying to arrange the transport. That way you can avoid the public bus. The Airport Hotel is ridiculously priced and going to Male island is not worth it only for a stop over.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Seems like the majority opinion is to stay on Hulhumale instead of taking the boat to Male Island (which seems much more exotic and fun ... but more of a pain in the backside).

Any new recommendations on hotels on Hulhumale that were great value?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by shuuy
...Any new recommendations on hotels on Hulhumale that were great value?
This old thread might help:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midd...hotel-b-b.html
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:53 am

Stayed at "The Avenue and Spa hotel" in Hulhumalé last week. Rate (Agoda) included airport/ferry pick up and drop off and breakfast. Clean comfortable room and friendly staff. We had to wait about 10 minutes for the car to arrive at the airport. There is a lot of construction work going on in Hulhumalé - we had a bit of noise from that but nothing we couldn't live with. Last month a bridge from Hulhumalé to Malé opened so no need to take the ferry anymore.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I once had to brochure a Maldives Airport hotel (I wrote travel brochures) and the main airport hotel could only provide a picture of a man throwing darts at the hotel pub, thus we had to go with it despite it being on a lovely photogenic beach.

This thread got me to look at what hotel it was. I can only assume it was Hulhule Island Hotel. Hulhule Island Hotel | Luxury Airport Hotel in Maldives as it loudly proclaims on it's home page "The Maldives airport hotel is strategically located with clam of Indian Ocean"

Love a bit of Maldivian seafood
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:01 pm

Now there is a bridge connecting the airport to the island of Male. So no need for the boat transfers anymore. Yes Hulumale has decent hotels and good restaurants too. Probably a lot more laid back than in Male island.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Any recommendations for Male accommodation with an infant? Cleanliness and easy transfers from the airport are top priorities. Arriving late evening and departing early next morning by speedboat to our resort.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:45 pm

Killian, It depends on where you are taking your speed boat from? Is it from Male or from the airport? If it is Male island then there is a bridge and most probably your resort would arrange the taxi to the hotel too. I am surprised that they did not organize a speed boat transfer the same night. Normally speed boat transfers are within Male Atoll and should be able to do in the night too.
I would stay in a hotel in Male rather than Hulumale as it is quicker to get to Male island now than Hululumale because of the bridge.
Kam is a good hotel and clean too. Also Surfview is close to the bridge and Cerulean Hotel. It is not very easy to get a Taxi in Maldives so better get the Hotel to organize one for early morning. You will get Taxis at the airport and I am sure your resort representative at the airport will meet you on arrival.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Use whatever FF program you are in. When it comes to situations like this, all things being equal, I go with whatever the biggest mileage bonus mine, AA, is offering. Good way to double dip on points/miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.