Wiki Posts
Search

Lodging in Hoi An

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2016, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Lodging in Hoi An

Hi: I'll be spending 4 days in Hoi An - and am a bit overwhelmed with my combined lack of knowledge of the town, and the abundance of lodging choices.

I would appreciate any recommendations regarding location - I tend to like to be centrally located, (and realize Hoi An is small), i.e. what area of town would be ideal to select.

I can go from there from TripAdvisor ratings, but any personal hotel choices would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

RRZ518
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:49 pm
Suspended

In Hoian, you should refer to homestay at local people in An Bang beach which is a wonderful and unforgettable with local
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:06 am

Are you going there more for beaches or more for the Old Town? What is your budget?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
Are you going there more for beaches or more for the Old Town? What is your budget?
Old Town I suppose - I've seen that most places there go for between $50 - $100 per night, that's fine for me.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:12 am

I had a big long reply typed up, but my browser crashed while clicking around on Google maps.

Basically, if you're there for Old Town, I suggest staying near/in there. I stayed near the Anantara and the distance was fine, but some people might not like the dark walk home. There's a big variety of places and prices. Check booking.com, agoda.com and tripadvisor for pictures and reviews.

Also, for an even better experience, try to be there during a full moon.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
I stayed at the Lantana Hoi An for $90 for 2 nights. It was a very nice clean boutique hotel about 5 minutes walk away from the old town. The breakfast was amazing and service was great as well. Room and bathroom are modern but the AC needs a little fixing (I like my sleeping room temperature around 19C/66F). They offer a private pickup and dropoff at DAD airport for about $20 which is worth it considering DAD is quite far away from Hoi An.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:40 pm

Last year we were in Hoi An for just one night and stayed at the Ancient House Resort - it was wonderful in all respects - a short taxi ride into town (less than 5 minutes).
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
I've stayed in several places, and the best so far is a little 3* homestay/hotel in the center called Riverside Impression Homestay (they have a site) - very comfy, relaxing, small pool, garden with bonsai and orchid. I want to return!

What time of year, that's important (fall is the stormy season on the Central Coast!)

I paid $37. in 2015
Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:05 pm

Programs: SPG, UA, MR
Any other suggestions? I will be in Hoi An for three nights and Hue for one night in the first week of November. Any accommodation suggestions for Hoi An (or Hue) would be greatly appreciated as well!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:46 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by pacoocap
Any other suggestions? I will be in Hoi An for three nights and Hue for one night in the first week of November. Any accommodation suggestions for Hoi An (or Hue) would be greatly appreciated as well!
November? It might be completely flooded that time. I would suggest NOT to stay at islands, but rather stay somewhere inland.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: SPG, UA, MR
Originally Posted by invisible
November? It might be completely flooded that time. I would suggest NOT to stay at islands, but rather stay somewhere inland.
Thanks for the tip. I am planning to stay in/near Old Town and just go by the beach if the weather works out.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Thanks for the tip. I am planning to stay in/near Old Town and just go by the beach if the weather works out.
I you consider a little bit further out, here is the homestay we stayed last year. It was excellent - cheap, nothing extra and functional.

If you decide to give a shot, ask for the rom named Metal which is in the back.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:11 am
Original Poster

I'm going the last week of November.

I made a reservation at the Lantana Hoi An, thanks for the advice. It's changeable, so if any other amazing recommendations come thru I can cancel.

Thanks for the great info!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:01 pm

I stayed at Lantana as well. It's a great hotel. Hoi An is a blast. Get bahn mi from Madam Khahn's. Other must eats are cau lao, com ga, and the white rose dumplings.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:51 am

Programs: *G
Pilgrimage Village in HUE. It is superb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.