Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weather in Philippines in August?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Weather in Philippines in August?

So, I'm going to the Phillippines for two weeks soon. I know it's the rainy season. I've been to Asia before during this season and I was expecting 1-2 hours of (heavy) rain per day and then mildly cloudy for the rest of the day. However the weather forecast looks pretty awful. We are going to Boracay for the first 5 days, then we will probably move on to somewhere the weather is better. So the question is: Where is the weather better?

I've been looking into Panglao Island, which seems a lot better. I got no problems with 1-2 hours of rain a day, but I want a few hours of sun and maybe not to much wind.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:13 pm

Panglao would be fine. North or east = bad. Central, south, west = good. Don't go to Luzon, Samar or Leyte. Central like Cebu and Bohol, or West like Palawan, are good.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 2:58 am
Suspended

It was 31 degres today and at 1830 hours shows no sign of rain: it was a beautiful sunny day, though I believe it had rained overnight.

As a general rule head for Visayas or Mindanao: suggestions include Siquijor Island (fly to Dumaguete then fast ferry or pumpboat ex its port); Alona Beach, Panglao (fly to Tagbilaran City) and also visit Balicasag Island and the tourist friendly island of Bohol, linked by causeways to Panglao Island.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:24 am

The weather during August is unpredictable, the best month to travel in Philippines are Last week of March to 3rd week of May. If you travel in August make sure you always check the weather to be prepared.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:11 am
Original Poster

I've looked into the climate at Boracay and it didn't look to bad. 15 days of rain during the month, but typically 1-2 hours of rain during the day and 1-2 hours of rain during the night. We will see how the weather is when we arrive this weekend, if it's bad we will move on to another island in a couple of days. Thanks for tips of where to go.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 5:20 am

Boracay and Bohol nice place to visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.