Wiki Posts
Search

Where to stay in Taipei?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: dont care anymore
Originally Posted by ProleOnParole
In terms of location, GH is within short walking distance to Taipei 101, while PdCh is near Taipei Main Station, about half an hour trip away on the MRT, and driving (or taxi) won't really be much faster, especially in the morning.

Although the Main Station area has improved considerably in the recent years, the vicinity of Taipei 101 (Xinyi Planned District) is a much nicer place to stay in.

PdC would be worth considering if you had a lot of luggage but for some reason still wanted to take the train (not taxi) to and from the airport as this is where you'd end up anyway, and is also more convenient for in-town check-in (assuming you wanted to take advantage of it and are eligible) but otherwise GH seems like the obvious choice.
Much appreciated.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: pleb
GH, it's literally next door. Plus you'll be in an easily accessible area with lots of food, etc. PDC area is pretty hectic since it's behind the train station, traffic there is a mess most of the time.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:47 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Another vote for the GH, it is quite recently renovated and very strategically placed. The rooms are large and bright, and the hotel style is reminiscent of the typical 80s-90s large business hotels that have been refurbished to become modern once more.

I don't like the location of the Palais de Chine, and agree with nightkhan that the area is hectic. It is adjacent to the main station of Taipei (think King's Cross St Pancras style hectic), and nearly all the train lines will stop at this station. Also, the rooms at the Palais are quite dim and rather dark, which I don't quite like as much personally... These "de Chine" hotels are owned by a Taiwanese company, and have a more upmarket reputation over other local hotels (except for Silks).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.